• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character Customization Resources

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2020
    Hiiiiiiii!

I want to share this resource with you that I worked on. These are files that contain character creation parts so that you can easier make unique characters or use them to introduce a character creator to your game.
    They contain: back sprites, overworld sprites (for walking, running, bicycle) and front sprites for male and female characters. Each of them contains a full animation cycle as seen in the picture at the bottom. All in all there are per gender: 18 tops, 14 pants/skirts, 18 accessories (like glasses or hats), 4 Hairstyles for each gender, 3 backpacks/bags for the overworld sprites only and 4 skin colors. I also made about 5 color variants for each item of clothing. The colors were all taken from the pokemon base games, so they should fit seamlessly with vanilla resources. I included a picture below to showcase the possibilities but these are by no means the only ones.
    I feel like I should point out that I originally made this as a mod to replace the customization options in pokemon insurgence. However, even though some of the clothes are inspired by the game I created all resources from scratch (well, and from the vanilla sprites).

There are three links: The first one contains .png files of the individual parts you can use.

The second one contains .xcf files for easier editing with gimp

the link to the reliccastle upload, since the above links do not seem to work for everyone.

You can freely use, edit and share it if you want. Credit and a link to your project would be appreciated, though!

i0sm0PV.png

kyfWkkv.png

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Oh Gosh, gen 4 <3. But how can i convert these .xcf? '-' I would like to use them into my fan-game (i'm usin RPG MAKER XP).

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2020
    Ah, it was made with the free drawing program gimp. The native saving format of gimp is .xcf. You will have to download gimp to open it. you can save it yourself as a photoshop file with gimp but I didnt do that since I dont really like photeshop and also I didn't know if it would mess with the layer groups.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2020
    Well thanks to you I will release my Clothing Script :D

-- Yasss, that's what I like to hear :D

Last edited:

etique

etique
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    good job! it would be perfect if you had more frames for the sprite to keep moving

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2022
    This is awesome, but where the templates and graphics for the battle/trainer card sprites? The only thing in there were examples.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2020
    good job! it would be perfect if you had more frames for the sprite to keep moving

I don't know what you mean by that, sorry. I used the same walk cycle that is used in the regular pokemon games, so 16 sprites per walk/ run/ bycicle sprites

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2020
    i got you !

Ha, great job exporting them. At the end I didn't have the energy to even look long enough et them to export them, so thanks for the. I'll update the link with the .png you exported in it if you don't mind since the format seems to confuse people ^^'

This is awesome, but where the templates and graphics for the battle/trainer card sprites? The only thing in there were examples.

Ah, sorry, I did not save them as .png but as .xcf files. you need the free program gimp to access them. Alternatively, the user zeak6464 above you already uploaded a file with the exported .png files.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2022
    Ha, great job exporting them. At the end I didn't have the energy to even look long enough et them to export them, so thanks for the. I'll update the link with the .png you exported in it if you don't mind since the format seems to confuse people ^^'

Ah, sorry, I did not save them as .png but as .xcf files. you need the free program gimp to access them. Alternatively, the user zeak6464 above you already uploaded a file with the exported .png files.

I didn't have an issue with the files, I use gimp, but the front/back sprites aren't in here. It's only the character sprite stuff, not the battle stuff. Unless that was intended.

Edit: The file corrupted twice when I download it, but it's fixed now.

Last edited:

etique

etique
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    you're really good, you should do anime, paul, tracey, misty ... it would be awesome!

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2020
    Hey @Cofee Cup!
    Can you please make the battle backsprites(trback000 and trback001) for Elite Battle System?

These are the Sprites for Black/White, no? Ah sorry, that would mean basically recreating the sprites from scratch in that style and that would be completely beyond the scope of work I am still able (and willing) to put into this pack. I am open to requests but not beyond a hairstyle or a few individual outfit ideas, sorry ^^'

Years
  • These are the Sprites for Black/White, no? Ah sorry, that would mean basically recreating the sprites from scratch in that style and that would be completely beyond the scope of work I am still able (and willing) to put into this pack. I am open to requests but not beyond a hairstyle or a few individual outfit ideas, sorry ^^'

I mean the battle Backsprites. I don't need overworld Sprites

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2020
    I mean the battle Backsprites. I don't need overworld Sprites

Yeah, I understand that. But It would still take a lot of time to recreate every of the 18 shirts twice so each gender would have them, plus the hairs and the bases. Plus, the black/white backs sprites are longer and show the legs of the character. This means I would have to create all of the pants and skirts as well... and well. It's just a lot of work. And I don't like work, so. ^^'

Well, I do like a little work. I got back into spriting again and making moar resources for the gen 4 models.

Planned are: Hime Hair for female, ponytail for mail + one additional hairstyle for each. Also, police outfit and team rocket outfit per request. If you, too, have a request, now is the time to get in with it ^^

Years
  • Yeah, I understand that. But It would still take a lot of time to recreate every of the 18 shirts twice so each gender would have them, plus the hairs and the bases. Plus, the black/white backs sprites are longer and show the legs of the character. This means I would have to create all of the pants and skirts as well... and well. It's just a lot of work. And I don't like work, so. ^^'

Well, I do like a little work. I got back into spriting again and making moar resources for the gen 4 models.

Planned are: Hime Hair for female, ponytail for mail + one additional hairstyle for each. Also, police outfit and team rocket outfit per request. If you, too, have a request, now is the time to get in with it ^^
    Well I can do the customisable stuff myself I just want the base

Back