• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is the new anime a reboot or a continuation?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2022
    This has been bugging me for a while. Things that made me thought it was a reboot is that the title isn't sword and shield, the series changed from exploring an entire region to exploring all the regions. I actually forgot what made me think it was reboot

The ones above were just guesses of my inaccurately bad memory

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    It's both, just like every series before it. Ash is gonna be amazed by things he's seen multiple times before and forget things he's seen multiple times before, like Butterfree and Diglett

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • This has been bugging me for a while. Things that made me thought it was a reboot is that the title isn't sword and shield, the series changed from exploring an entire region to exploring all the regions. I actually forgot what made me think it was reboot

The ones above were just guesses of my inaccurately bad memory

We can confirm it isn't a complete reboot. In a screenshot of the new episode coming up, it has Ash's Alola League Champion Trophy, Frontier Symbols, Orange League Champion Trophy, Indigo League Participation Trophy. We all see his Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos Badges on display.

At this point, I am sure it is safe to assume he will be fairly smart, similar to Kalos.

Last edited:
    Back