• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 8] Snurch (Snom Church)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
  • 5HUNfBo.png

'sup? Welcome to my playthrough of Pokemon Shield version! Well actually, this is actually my second run of Pokemon Shield, I quite enjoyed my first playthrough of the game and wanted to experience it through the eyes of a cute girl and totally not because the girl options are waaaaay better than the male sooooooo... thats what I'm doing! A new team, a new character, a now adventure await us in the Galar region.

There's no team planned or anything, only food related names for my Pokemon. There's no real challenge or meaning to this, I'm just here to be cute and kick some butt of the trainers that try to stop me. That lass on Route 1? She thinks she's cute and tough but baby she hasn't seen me yet.

Note: This travel log will have spoilers as we play through, as well as mediocre levels of thirst. Please keep that in mind when reading.

• Started the game, named my character Marina. She's suuuuuper adorable and much better than my old stinky boy trainer.
    • Picked up my mum's bag and old hat, time to set out on my new adventure!
    • zzzz story with Hop and Lee
    • Finally get to pick my starter! This time around I went with Sobble, idk Marina seems like a #sobblesquad player.
    • Won the first battle against Hop, went into the eerie forest to find a lost Wooloo, boring story tbh.
    • Finally the real game begins! We can buy clothes! We can catch our real starter! She's a cute Yamper! Named her Rubie.
    • boxed sobble lol
    • Made our way to see Professor Magnolia and battle Hop again.

EKv-J3JU4AAKk_9.jpg

• Hop lovers only here btw, we stan a confident king.
    • We get our endorsement, wishing piece and Dynamax Band from Leon and Professor Magnolia respectively.
    • Back to Wedgehurst where we can go to the Wild Area, hooray!

EKv-J2zUEAARZPO.jpg

• Me whaling on Fate/Grand Order for Davinci using all of Hop's money I win in our battles.
    • Wild Area means Dynamax, hunting new Pokemon, and getting lost all the time.
    • How did Leon even make it through here?

EKv-J2qUUAAQ1Hc.jpg

• Dynamax is good actually, and smogon doesn't know what they're talking about when considering to ban it.
    • I threw 20 Pokeballs at a Basculin that wiped my whole party lmao.
    • But anyway, after a bit of recovery, and hunting for money, we catch a Growlithe and Gossifleur. Chilli and Cilantra respectively.
    • Make it to Motostoke, which means getting a haircut~! Real endgame shit now!
    • At the hotel we get more story zzz, and meet Team Yell and Marnie. We're both cute and our names are similar, so we're totes besties now.
    • Also means we sign up for the Gym Challenge. Thanks to Leon's endorsement we're allowed to fight gym leaders and make a name for ourselves. But it doesn't matter since Marina is already a legend in her own right. She's number 287, y'all better remember that.
    • We do it anyway for funsies.

EKwiSWwU0AAjpi6.jpg

• RAIHAN RAIHAN RAIHAN RAIHAN RAIHAN RAIHAN
    • Yes hello can I talk to you about my new religion? Hips don't lie
    • The rest of the trainers and gym leaders are cool too I guess.

EKv-Sp8UUAA4H6O.jpg

• She's made for the big stadiums, the crowds are right to go wild!
    • After that whole thing, we can go over to Route 3.
    • Another fight with Hop that we win once again. I love that he never gives up.
    • Route 3 is p boring tbh. Pokemon to to catch, trainers to battle, Sonia's there etc.
    • Gossifleur evolves into Eldegoss, cements a spot on my team.
    • Finally meet the jackass Bede. As much as he is kind of a dick, I love his character, he's seriously grown on me.
    • Route 4 is also uneventful, but I did some camping and that's honestly one of my favorite parts of this game. It's so wholesome and cute and I love seeing all the pokemon be like that.

EKv-SqFVUAAtVor.jpg

• Chilli is just adorable and I love her so much!
    • Also caught a Milcery, took a while because I wanted one in a premier ball. She's called Anglaise for now.
    • Turffield means meeting that hot manlet Milo, and finally making my way to my first gym battle!
    • But first, obligatory plot zzzz
    • Anyway we're at the gym and ready to win.
    • The Wooloo challenge was actually good and unique and fun change my mind.
    • Get to the end so we can meet our first husband Milo, he's so dreamy tbh.

EKwWkH1VUAA34_m.jpg

• Just look at his face!
    • Take him home to meet my parents.

EKwWkH8UwAAF95w.jpg

• Dynamax is still good.
    • Milo sweetie I love you, but your gym is no match for a fire type. :burnheal:

EKwWkHjUwAAxe9I.jpg

• First victory!

EKwWkHlUEAAdIxT.jpg

• First gym badge!
    • And that ends our game for the time being.

Marina's Team

835.png
    Rubie ♀ Lv. 22
    Jolly Nature
    Ball Fetch
    Spark, Roar, Nuzzle, Bite

058.png
    Chilli ♀ Lv. 22
    Bashful Nature
    Flash Fire
    Agility, Howl, Bite, Flame Charge

830.png
    Cilantra ♀ Lv. 21
    Calm Nature
    Regenerator
    Rapid Spin, Razor Leaf, Round, Magical Leaf

868.png
    Anglaise ♀ Lv. 18
    Relaxed Nature
    Sweet Veil
    Tackle, Draining Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Sweet Scent

EKwg64VUcAANO88.jpg

Code: 0000 0006 THRN 03​

So this was kind of long, and I apologize for that. I think I'm going to try and divide this up by a few gym badges so it doesn't go on forever, and that there's something here aside from a couple new areas. I've really been enjoying playing through this game once again, and I love writing this to be somewhat palpable. Please enjoy yourselves with my adventure and have a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • *adds your trainer card to her album* She's so cUTE!!!

also completely agree, Milo is the dream. along with like every other gym leader, seriously, they turned character design up to 11 for this game

Back