• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] Event that Applies to Multiple Maps

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2020
    Hello, so I made this thing I call the dungeon where the player has 10 minutes to explore the place and its composed of multiple different rooms. When the timer hits 0:00, I want to call back the player to the entrance. Is there a way to make an event that will recall the player no matter which map he/she is in? Or do I have to add an event for every map in my dungeon?

Thanks

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • when you teleport the player to the dungeon map, use a Control variable, any of them, and assign a number to it according to the map they just came from. (Location 1 = 1, Location 2 =2, so on so forth.) on the event that has the timer set up a conditional branch that calls the variable you assigned and warp back to the map you just came from.

it should look something like this
    unknown.png

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2020
    I'm having difficulty understanding. How would the "Time is up!" text show up if I'm not in the same room as the event? Sorry if this is a basic concept, I'm new to this ;-;

Thanks

Lou Dingo

the artist formerly known as eboxiv
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2024
    could you try to replicate something like the bug catching contest?
    the safari zone and bug catching contest have global variables for the timer/step counters and automatically return you to the entrance even when you are on another map.

if this does not work maybe a common event (tools/database/common events) could be running parallel when you activate something like a dungeon switch and runs a clock that deactivates when the timer ihas reached the amount you put in a variable first.

i think what pokeminer20 explained was how to return specifically to the spot you entered from, but I am not sure if this is what you want.
    if so, you could create a return point similar like when entering a cave (check the example maps)

Back