• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: POKéMON Emerald: New POKéMON

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
  • Introduction,

Welcome to this thread. This thread is about my POKéMON Emerald hack. This hack has no gameplay changes whatsoever, so your old guides from 2005 will still work. What is different is the appearance of some new POKéMON, and a few new maps that are not necessary to visit for gameplay purposes.. This thread will have a lot of details, so let's dive in, shall we?

How Can I Play This?

You can patch it to an Emerald rom and play it on your computer or you can play it on a GBA Flashcart. You can also take the rom and convert it into a CIA and load it to your 2DS/3DS. This game, thanks to Asia81 from gbatemp has been hex edited to allow it to be played on the 3DS/2DS. You can also take the IPS patch, throw it on an SD card, and patch it to an actual Emerald rom and play it with the Retron5 if you have it. I'll explain how to do that soon.

How to Play This Hack on The Retron5?

Take the IPS patch and throw it on an SD card. Grab your Emerald cartridge and throw that and the SD card into the Retron. Load it up and choose Game Specific Settings. Select Choose IPS patch and select the IPS stored on the SD. Select "Use Separate Save for Patch" so it doesn't affect your cartridge save, and then load the game up and play on. Now you can play my hack on your TV and amaze all your friends/family.

What's New?

All the Hoehn POKéMON that got add on evolutions in Shinoh have had those evolutions added in except for Chimeco. A few Kanto POKéMON, namely Rhyperior have also been added in as well.

Four new baby POKéMON, three of which were created by me were added in. These are: Grimy, Dodo, Sluggy, and Swabby. I should point out that Grimy was created by Nintendo and included in the 1997 Gold and Silver Spaceworld Demo. All I did was color it in with Grimer's normal and shiny palette.

An Electrifying and Explosive POKéMON has a brand new form. I won't reveal much about this. Just make sure you have a thunderstone on hand. This POKéMON was created entirely by me.

PP Max can be bought at Lillycove Mart for $1 as can Masterballs. Aerial Ace is also available here as well. And maybe, you'll come across the best berry for POKéBLOCKS while you are shopping at LILLYCOVE as well. Just be ready to pay a pretty penny for it. Max revives are available at POKéMON League as well. Rare Candies can be bought in Lillycove City mart for $1.

MOSSDEEP CITY has a new house. This features a surprising character, a surprising reason for why he is there, as well as an E-Mail draft displayed on his TV screen that references a POKéMON TV Show rumor. Right by this house is the entrance to MOSSDEEP BAY. You MUST have a POKéMON with fly before entering otherwise you'll be trapped thanks to an Advanced Map bug. While you can surf for POKéMON here, fishing is the big story here. You may be surprised at what you fish up with all three rods.

MAUVILE CITY has a new house that features Professor Rowan. He also has a computer that contains an E-Mail that you can read from Professor Oak. You access it from Route 118.

The TV's in all the Littleroot maps except for Birch's lab feature an interview between Gabby/Ty and Professor Birch. This drops some hints that this game is different.

A lot of trainers pre-game and post-game have had POKéMON updates. Some have had their POKéMON downgraded to an earlier form, some have had them upgraded, some have had POKéMON added in. The Elite 4 has had changes as well except for the champion. Gym leader rematches have had some changes as well. Steven Stone is also stronger as well and has a Rhyperior now. You can also get basic info for the third form of your rival's starter. This is obtained from the battle between them outside of Lillycove mart. Their levels have also been adjusted as well, and two new POKéMON have been added in.

Every POKéMON that is in the original Hoehn Dex (all 202) are available to catch alongside the new ones (+13 for 215). Any POKéMON requiring trades to evolve do not need so now. Jirachi is available post-game in a new house located on a big island known for its battling. There is also a video message on its TV as well. Deoxys, the Lati color you didn't chose after the breaking news alert, and the other event POKéMON are also available through a secret place accessible from Artisan Cave. The three starter POKéMON are found here as well.

The SAFARI ZONE has a free mode in addition to the paid one. Check in between the two guys for the secret passage. Once you enter, you'll be on top of the zone manager, but you can safely move off of him. Talk to him to leave as normal.

How to Get The POKéMON?

Here's how to get the new POKéMON as well as the trade only MONs. All baby POKéMON evolve at Level 10.

Grimy: Breed a Grimer/Muk and hatch the egg. Fierry Path
    Dodo: Breed a Doduo/Dodrio and hatch the egg. Safari Zone
    Mimetrode: Use a thunderstone on Electrode. New Mauville/Team Aqua Lillycove Base next to the Masterball
    Magnezone: Use a thunderstone on Magneton. New Mauville
    Rhyperior: Use a moonstone on Rhydon. Safari Zone
    Sluggy: Breed a Slugma/Magcargo and hatch the egg. Fierry Path&Route 113
    Swabby: Breed a Swablu/Altaria and hatch the egg. Route 115&114.
    Budew: Breed a Roselia and hatch the egg. Route 117
    Roserade: Use a Sun stone on Roseilia.
    Gallade: Evolve with sun stone Route 102
    Gardevoir: Evolve with moon stone.
    Probopass: Evolve Nosepass with moonstone. Dewford Cave
    Dusknoir: Evole dusclops with moonstone. Mt. Pyre
    Froslass: Evolve with moon stone. Shoal Cave Ice area
    Glalie: Evolve with sun stone.
    Ditto: Dessert Underpass post-game. (NOTE: He is not in the dex. He is just listed for breeding purposes)
    Golem: Use a moonstone.
    Machamp: Moonstone
    Alakazam: Sun stone
    Huntail and Gorbyss: Sun and Moon stone
    Kingdra: Water stone

Bugs.

There are no serious bugs. The bag sprite will be glitched, there are a few funny bugs such as minor misspellings, and for some reason, albeit rare, during the Team Aqua/Magma double battles, it will say an Ultra Ball was used and that the trainer blocked it and to not be a thief despite a move, and not an ultra ball being chosen. Maybe the teams try to steal your POKéMON, but I do not think so. You also cannot leave MOSSDEEP BAY normally. You must FLY out of it, so PLEASE make sure to have a POKéMON with FLY before entering. I do not know how to fix this bug as it's an Advanced Map bug. If anyone has a solution, please do share. 1.92 and 1.95 both cause this bug. You can enter fine, but you cannot leave without flying.

Pictures.

attachment.php

The TV interview

attachment.php

Gallde in the POKéDEX

attachment.php

Swabby in the POKéDEX

attachment.php

MOSSDEEP BAY.

Credits.

Nintendo/Pokemon Gold and Silver 1997 spaceworld demo for Grimy

The creators of Advanced Map, Pokemon Game Editor, Free Space Finder, Pokeexpansion-master (the python scripts that made this hack possible), Pokemon Game Editor and its associated PGE Ini creator, Hopeless Trainer Editor, eXtreme Script Editor (primarily its text adjuster), and Poke Script Editor (or Painless Script Editor as I like to call it).

Credit also goes to Asia81 of gbatemp for making this hack playable on the 3DS/2DS.

Download.

You can get the game right here from Google Drive. Please let me know ASAP if the link is broken!

POKEMON_EMER_BPEE00.zip

Conclusion.

I think that about covers it. Feedback is greatly appreciated, and any questions can be asked here, or on the Pokecommunity Discord (that may be faster, especially if you DM me or tag me since I have the app on my phone).

Attachments

• TV Screen.JPG
      TV Screen.JPG
      48.6 KB · Views: 362
    • Gallade.JPG
      Gallade.JPG
      84.4 KB · Views: 363
    • MOSSDEEP BAY.JPG
      MOSSDEEP BAY.JPG
      69.7 KB · Views: 361
    • Swabby.JPG
      Swabby.JPG