• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Smart Red

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 14, 2023
One day, I was on discord and i saw a discussion on trainer AI levels.

I found out that most trainers ingame have an AI of 1.

I decided to fix that.

Now, I, Natsu present to you -

[big]
Pokemon Smart Red​
[/big]

Motto:Where everyone's smart​

Spoiler: Features

Spoiler: BUGS.READ THIS.

Spoiler: Stuff Left

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4e995vl0kwnd4g0/SmartRed.zip

Report any other bugs too.

Enjoy!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
I'm giving this hack a playthrough. Currently at Viridian Forest and have found the first altered catch. Nice. :)

Edit 1: Players should note that "Smart AI" translates to "Bug Catchers have two Potions in inventory". Buy your own accordingly.

Edit 2: Players should note that Pewter now has grass in the small pen to the right of the PokeCenter, which contains high-level Pokemon which may be useful for Brock. (Not all of them are; I was lucky with my first catch.)

Brock's team:
Spoiler:

Edit 3: Pewter encounters (incomplete), for those wanting a favorite Pokemon :
Spoiler:

Edit 4: Bug Catcher warning:
Spoiler:

Edit 5: Just passed Nugget Bridge on a Nuzlocke. No causalities so far, thanks to blowing all my spare cash on Potions.

It's a very fun hack and I'm seriously enjoying it. I've only noticed the Smart AI in a few places, like the early Bug Catchers not wasting tons of turns on String Shot, but the increased difficulty is in a very nice not-total-cheese/not-insufficient spot. The higher difficulty is balanced by better wild catches. Normally, I tend to get bored by FireRed because I know how to steamroll the enemies, so overall, this is a really pleasant surprise.

Some thoughts on the gameplay:

Spoiler:

Thanks for posting this hack! :D

Edit 6: Bug: In Rocket Hideout, Giovanni's Kangaskhan can inexplicably only use Struggle.

Edit 7: Notable Bug: L1 ?????????? found in Safari Zone Area 1. Caused no visible damage, but you should look into that.

Edit 8: Very serious error: Talking to the Indigo Plateau PokeCenter nurse crashes the game.

Edit 9: Very serious error: The Indigo Plateau Clerk also appears very badly bugged. Garbage text is displayed when you speak to him, attempts to purchase ANYTHING (even TMs) display "you have no more room for this item", and the screen turns black and softlocks when you exit the dialogue. Since you appear to want him to be a one-stop shop for all TMs, this is a severe error. Please fix.

Generally Indigo Plateau seems bugged, because attempting to go upstairs also softlocks the game. The PC and the entrance to the Elite Four work properly.

Last edited:

Hackode007

TQ Supremacy
Years
Nice hack, but many players founded it difficult. I gave it to my friends and they had to use cheats to play it. But still nice idea and keep continuing it.
Also, the bugs which Disturb Not The Harmony gave, are all true. Try to fix em' all.

Last edited:
Back