• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Messed with OW pallets, now name selection screen is messed up

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2021
    Hi, I'm new to Pokemon ROM hacking. Like, I know the basics of AdvanceMap and how to make an NPC script, but that's it. So I decided that it would be a good idea to use OverWorld Manager. Nothing big, I just wanted to change the palette of my character and see how it goes. BIG MISTAKE. When I try to load the ROM in VisualBoyAdvance (and it was working fine before), it goes normally until the name selection screen, where it goes black, with the music still playing. How do I fix this? I am using this version of OWM.

OWE1.PNG

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Change the palette to the way it was before ( revert the palette ID/slot to match previous values, and if you forgot, you can use an unmodified rom to check the values.) and see if that fixes anything (revert the character back to the way it looked as it seems like you're using the reflection palette as the main one.

If else fails, backup may be the only real solution.

Back