• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi I'm New, also The Power of Us Thoughts

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2018
    Hi, I'm new to the community and this is my first post. So hello all. I know there's an introduction forum so this is kind of cheating but whatever.

I started watching Pokemon when I was 11 or so with a VHS tape that had live-action re-enactments of Delia and Professor Oak, and the first episode. I had no idea how we got the tape, but I remember loving the whole thing and especially the first episode, which to this day is one of the best ever made. I was stoked right away. I watched the anime from the very beginning and got Pokemon Blue and a yellow GameBoy Pocket for my birthday.

Pokemon: The First Movie is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's structure and story is so unique, and it's emotionally impactful to put it mildly, as I'm sure you all agree. I saw Pokemon 2000 in theaters and loved it too. Then I stopped watching Pokemon movies. I also stopped the anime after the Orange Islands I think. Not sure why. I played and loved Silver, but that was my last Pokemon game until I bought my second DS (my first broke or something), a Lite, and Pokemon Black about a year ago. I haven't finished it yet; I have lots of thoughts about Pokemon games now, but that's a different thread. I also started watching the anime again, watching various episodes from throughout the series, and I've finally settled on XY. I'm only on episode 11 or something because I have trouble finishing things and got caught up in other shows. A reddit addiction hasn't helped.

Regardless of the above, I've always loved Pokemon. It really means a lot to me. About a year ago, I decided to watch all of the Pokemon movies. Instead of watching them illegally, I decided to buy them all. I got the first trilogy on blu-ray, and bought the rest on DVD, mostly used. I really enjoyed most of them. I saw I Choose You in theaters last year and saw The Power of Us a couple of days ago. Again, I really liked it. I have it at number 7 in the series right now, but my order changes every time I look at it. I really want to watch the entire series again and take screenshots and write up a short review of every movie in some big imgur thread, but I haven't started yet.

The Power of Us is a good movie. It encapsulates what I think is the core of Pokemon: friendship. The world would be a better place if more people watched Pokemon. The Power of Us has a strong theme of forgiveness, too, concerning the uncle and Zeraora. Of all the Pokemon movies, it is most like other movies. It has a more standard structure. But that's fine. I'm not sure how much more I have to say, but I wanted to make a couple of small comments.
    -I thought for sure he was going to catch a Trubbish right then.
    -The fashion is on point as always. Risa has a dope shirt and her overalls/jumper is awesome. Obviously her hair is incredible too. Ash has one of the coolest jacket's he's ever worn. Oh, what are the Mayor's pins?
    -There were lots of funny moments, including Sudowoodo and Team Rocket. Team Rocket really f*d up this time, by the way, but it's nice to see them have a larger role again.

Back