• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Professor Oaks Walking

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2021
Hello. I am fairly new to the Rom Hacking world. I recently just started working on my own on a FireRed hack. I reorganized Pallet town and moved Prof. Oaks lab further down and to the left. I need to edit his walking and i have tried using XSE but cant save it. I must note that i have no scripting experience what so ever.

Any help or assistance in finding out how to edit his movement and how to save the script would be greatly appreciated! :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
(This should be in the regular forum, not Launchpad)
You need to provide what the actual errors are. You've given basically 0 information here. why not just build Pallet Town so that the vanilla paths can still work with it? lmao

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
As birdstarcat pointed out there is no info about the error(post screenshots) and because you are saying it can't be saved im guessing your offsets are wrong and, Are you saving or compiling (Maybe you know it but still im going to point it out) Use compile for it to be saved in the rom

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
(This should be in the regular forum, not Launchpad)
You need to provide what the actual errors are. You've given basically 0 information here. why not just build Pallet Town so that the vanilla paths can still work with it? lmao

What gymleader2009 must mean is how to edit the script for Professor Oak's walking script, when he stops you from going to Route 1, taking you to his lab. Myself, I'm not entirely sure how to change his walking animations. There's no error :)

Last edited:
Back