• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Berry Trees

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In the second generation games, throughout the Johto Region and Kanto Region, you can find berry trees that will either give the generation II equivalent of berries, or apricorns. Unlike other generations with berry trees, this generation only gives one of them a day. Only specific trees will be holding Apricorns, though, the same can be said about berries.

This mechanic was changed in Generation IV to contain only Apricorns. They still reset daily, however. All the Apricorn Trees in HG/SS are always the same color when encountered daily, however.

Did you collect apricorns and berries from the Generation II berry trees? I didn't really bother. I did, however, in generation IV, since I liked making Apricorn Juice a lot. Didn't really see the need to collect any back when I did try to play Crystal.

Years
  • I would collect them every day for no other reason than being a video game hoarder. Got even worse in gen 3 with replanting/watering all the berries, I had ×99 of most of them by the time I gave it up lol

Last edited:
    Back