Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Alola, and welcome to the Alola region, Trainer! This is the forum for the first games of the seventh generation, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon! Are you Team Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio? Do you prefer Solgaleo or Lunala? How do you feel about Alola forms? Talk about those and more here!

Draconius GO

Old June 19th, 2017 (9:46 AM).

Nature: Adamant
    So yes, I know synchronize pokemon in the first slot of your party has a 50% chance of the wild pokemon you encounter being that same nature, HOWEVER, how does this work in SOS chain battles?

Twice now I have gone through the effort of chaining a 4 IV pokemon only to see that the nature it has is the wrong one and I don't want to continue doing this if I am doing it wrong.

The pokemon I have in the first slot is just a random pokemon (I'm SOS hunting Ditto which is why I don't have my synchronize pokemon in the first slot) however I read that while SOS chaining you need to have the Synchronize pokemon actually be in battle when the new pokemon is called, which fine, makes sense, HOWEVER, I also read that while your Synchronize pokemon must be in battle for synchronize to work, it still actually uses the nature of the first pokemon in your slot, so does anyone know how this ACTUALLY works? Is it the Synchronize pokemon in battle that determines the nature, the nature of whatever pokemon is actually in the lead of the party (regardless of whether it has Synchronize or not, but still needs the synchronize pokemon to be in battle) or what?

Just when I think I get a handle on it some other mechanic throws me so I just need to most simple yet thorough of explanations. Perhaps something with pictures and arrows would be ideal! Thanks!
    Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
    My first battle in a competition, January 2016: I call this "never give up!" :D YNUW-WWWW-WW3F-FMAQ

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 30th, 2017 (9:08 PM).
    Like a rhythm to the sea
    • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
    My apologies for the late response!

In SOS chains, keeping the Pokemon with Synchronize on the battlefield at all times is imperative! This is because for every new Pokemon that is summoned, that Pokemon has a 50% chance (I believe?) to be the same nature as that Synchronize Pokemon.

To further clarify, allow me to provide an example:

When I was chaining for Shiny Staryu, I kept my Timid Kadabra with Synchronize in the first slot. This is because there's this weird bug with Synchronize in that the nature that gets copied is whatever Pokemon is in the first slot of your party, so even if it wasn't my Timid Kadabra, it would've been whatever Pokemon was in that first slot. Is this starting to make sense so far?

Therefore, it's really important to keep that Synchronize Pokemon on the field for subsequent summons, only switching to your False Swiper (if it's a seperate Pokemon) to switch the calling Pokemon in the disastrous event that your chain fails because of the opposing Pokemon running out of PP and using Struggle.

I'll be chasing waterfalls tonight

Old July 10th, 2017 (10:14 AM).
    Team Rocket's Head

To avoid pp issues, you can always skill swap harvest and trick a leppa berry. This way you only have to pay attention to recoil/ self confusing moves.

Quick Reply