• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Any good tools for Gold and Silver?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2023
    Are there any good tools for GSC? I know I could use disassemblies and hex editors,
    and most of my problems would be gone. However, they're too complicated for me, and
    whenever I try to use them, I screw up and break the ROM. I've also tried many tools
    and most of them don't run due to missing dependencies. The only ones that have worked
    are a Trainer Roster editor and a Map Editor.

Here are the tools I need:

A Pokemon battle sprite editor. (I've tried AGIXP but it won't run due to an error message. "Component
    'FM20.DLL' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid")

An Overworld Sprite editor. (I've tried Pokemon Gold Sprite Editor, but it won't run due to missing
    dependencies.)

A Pokemon Stats editor. (I've tried PG2E, but it also won't run due to missing dependencies.)

And a Trainer Sprite editor. (Both for NPCs and the protagonist.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Made an account so I could reply to this specifically. The tools you've requested can be so easily replaced simply by using the assembly, trust me. I will even help you learn it a bit if you want. I've found that using tools to do it instead of the assembly is impossible unless you're using a computer that runs on WindowsXP, so. Just don't, ha. Feel free to shoot me a message for some assistance.

Back