• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Rocket Red [Alpha 0.7] [I'm back!]

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    Story
    You are an Elite ranked Team Rocket member, well you USED to until a rival in your competition showed up. So now you have to work your way all the way up from the VERY bottom. You will have to persevere through all of the trouble grunts have to face. And work your way up to the very top!

Bugs:
    I think I fixed every bug in this new one. Lemme know! (Btw I am now working on what happens after gym 1 now that all bugs are fixed!)
    Have heard it does not work on MyBoy! Not sure why.
    Features:
    You will be able to rank up throughout the story instead of being a grunt the whole time.
    AND instead of seeing every Rocket member in grunt costume they will MATCH (as closely as I can) to what their RANK Uniforms are.
    (Ranks in Team Rocket)
    Giovanni
    Executive
    Super Elites
    Elites
    Underlings
    Rocket Grunts)
    You will start being hunted by Bounty Hunters. (No not trainers replaced with Bounty Hunter, but actual trainers who are looking to take you down for cash)
    Harder than the original game. (Since no one is going to hold back at all against a Rocket and you won't be able to catch wild pokemon willy nilly)
    Steal SOME pokemon (It would be too frantic to steal every pokemon. Maybe I will add it at the end but probably not)
    Gyms have trainers there trying to earn their badges!
    Squad Assigments and missions.
    There will be a STORY after you beat the E4! So don't worry this will go beyond normal hacks!
    Backdoors in the game, because Team Rocket is bad they need back doors right!?!
    The Maps are updated and won't look like Fire Red's!
    MUCH MORE (This is why I call it alpha I want to be able to add more features in as I see what you guys suggest and want)

I am using the backsprite currently from this girl! http://othienka.deviantart.com/art/Team-Rocket-Grunt-Spritesheet-Male-458731939
    I would like to thank Marugi for ALL of his support. Without him I would be struggling a lot STILL.
    He also made the intro sprites (and trainer ones) but I can't figure out how to add that in just yet. (I don't think my laptop likes me)
    I am currently a one man only team.
    Computer I was using to update the game has sadly been ruined. I would love to keep updating this game after seeing all of the positive reception but sadly seems it will be a while...
    Screenshots!
    CfYIAwuXEAAcPtN.jpg

CfYIAwvWQAAOqOy.jpg

CfYIAwbWIAATRHb.jpg

CfYIAw2WIAAb0GX.jpg
    CfYID20WQAEmm_2.jpg

CfYID26XEAAjR7Q.jpg

What next update is guaranteed to have
    (Unknown when will release)
    New sprites
    Updated Kanto maps
    Next Mission

Download:
    Direct Link
    Pokemon Rocket Red V.07 Alpha (Goes up to to the end of the first mission)
    https://www.mediafire.com/?mcag43fj5e26abo

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    How far does this actually go? It seems as if you have some specific storyline planned (which looks fantastic by the way), but approximately how much game time can we expect from this alpha?

Looks fantastic otherwise!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    How far does this actually go? It seems as if you have some specific storyline planned (which looks fantastic by the way), but approximately how much game time can we expect from this alpha?

Looks fantastic otherwise!

This alpha so far goes up to the first gym. I plan on releasing more of the squad missions and some more of the story these next weeks. But currently I would say to complete this it would take from 1-2hrs.
    And thanks for the compliment!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    MAJOR FLAW IN TITLE!
    The game is actually called
    Pokemon Rocket Red
    (I think it was late at night and was too tired to notice)

And thank you all for the support and compliments! I will make sure to not let you guys down!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Maps look very very empty from the screenshots. There are tables and boxes in the game for a reason, you need some sort of decoration instead of a big empty room. Same goes for the outside area, add some fences or trees so it feels like a real place.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    Maps look very very empty from the screenshots. There are tables and boxes in the game for a reason, you need some sort of decoration instead of a big empty room. Same goes for the outside area, add some fences or trees so it feels like a real place.

Alright thanks for the advice! I will make sure I work on that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    We're getting quite a few of the Team Rocket hacks now! I'll play it later and give some feedback.

Until then, maybe just format that first post a little better. Might help generate more interest! Also, how is it any different from the other Rocket hacks here in the making?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    I love this Team Rocket hacks! I play them everytime! But this one seems to be very cool than the others! Keep up bro! :D

Wow thanks! I plan to! I am planning on releasing a major update by the end of this month! (Up to Gym 3 probably with tons of details like everyone you talk to is tailored to match the game and I plan on showing the a Bounty Hunter to show up AND some plot twists!

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2018
    Two glitches to report:
    Game loops around when trying to play on mobile phone (MyBoy for android) even though the same .gba file works fine on VBA on PC.
    If your team all faints, at least initially, you are transported to Blaine's gym for healing.

Otherwise, I absolutely love the idea and look forward to this being completed. This is the sort of game I've been looking for for a long time. All the best!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    Two glitches to report:
    Game loops around when trying to play on mobile phone (MyBoy for android) even though the same .gba file works fine on VBA on PC.
    If your team all faints, at least initially, you are transported to Blaine's gym for healing.

Otherwise, I absolutely love the idea and look forward to this being completed. This is the sort of game I've been looking for for a long time. All the best!

Thanks so much! Also I will try and fix the fainting one taking you to Blaine's Gym (Wierd, but I think I know how to fix it) by tomorrow. Also I have no idea what is happening to the MyBoy? Any ideas?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    Woah! Cool game! Can't wait to see the rest of the features implemented!
    Thanks!
    I update on my progress guys:
    I am planning on a new feature where the Rocket members will match their group rank Uniforms.
    And right now I have finished adding in the details up to the 1st gym.
    Now I will work on every sprite treating you like a Rocket member.

Edit:
    Thanks to all of the views we now reached 1k views!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    Is there a possibility in you editing the Grunt sprite to change as you rank up or for you to unlock certain suits or something so you don't stay look as a grunt all the time?

Yep! As you rank up your costume will change! I am actually working on the costumes now! :D

Komedinos

Assasin and Poison Designer.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2019
    When I patch the ips with the gba fire red file it says successful but when I try to play the game it goes black screen and make weird noises very much like ear rape and worst
    What I do wrong?

Komedinos

Assasin and Poison Designer.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2019
    So finally after many tries I can tell that you ips file is a little mess because it doesn't shows like in fire red the charizard and next to it the fire red neither the rocket red thing when it gets there it just begins from the start again you must fix it .

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 6, 2016
    OT: For me the ROM seems to work...

I think I will start with a positive feedback: Your idea is really nice, it's really refreshing to play as the villain and to have several missions to accomplish. The dialogues in the game gave me one or another laugh, humor is always good! I also like how you work in a team instead of going alone all the time, which honestly is quite boring in a game. :)

Now some criticism: Your maps are really linear and appear big and boring most of the time. I also spotted quite a bunch of tile and mapping errors, even some connections were wrong. And you should also change some of the vanilla FR maps, unless they have a special meaning in the plot or something.

Apart from that, it is really a great start and I am looking forward to how this turns out! :)

Back