• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Rocket Red [Alpha 0.7] [I'm back!]

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2018
OT: For me the ROM seems to work...

I think I will start with a positive feedback: Your idea is really nice, it's really refreshing to play as the villain and to have several missions to accomplish. The dialogues in the game gave me one or another laugh, humor is always good! I also like how you work in a team instead of going alone all the time, which honestly is quite boring in a game. :)

Now some criticism: Your maps are really linear and appear big and boring most of the time. I also spotted quite a bunch of tile and mapping errors, even some connections were wrong. And you should also change some of the vanilla FR maps, unless they have a special meaning in the plot or something.

Apart from that, it is really a great start and I am looking forward to how this turns out! :)

Thanks! And yea I agree with changing the fire red maps. That's why I plan on changing them now :D Oh and about the tile and mapping errors can you tell me more about it because I am afraid I don't understand it that much.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 20, 2016
I recommend this to the people that read this to start over. You may miss some things like I have :/
Great game! I honestly can't believe you are doing this all by yourself! And I read your signature and I feel so bad for you :'(

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
Don't worry! Sometimes parents they don't know what they are doing, but they love you, so keep calm and wait until you get back your stuff and work for us have fun! hahahaha :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
I too cannot seem to get it to work on MyBoy! Works fine on VBA though.
Looking forward to the next release (whenever you get your stuff back)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2018
Good news I am back! I am also taking a Programming class in high school but it is in javascript. Nonetheless I can still get used to scripting. I will try updating this game... monthly (I wanna say weekly but school might give a lot of homework... a lot) so now once I get back to where I left off I will fix the bugs and everything then work on the progression! Glad I'm back!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Good news I am back! I am also taking a Programming class in high school but it is in javascript. Nonetheless I can still get used to scripting. I will try updating this game... monthly (I wanna say weekly but school might give a lot of homework... a lot) so now once I get back to where I left off I will fix the bugs and everything then work on the progression! Glad I'm back!
Welcome back! Monthly updates sounds nice

Back