• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4/10 - COTD - Glaceon (DP: Majestic Dawn)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
  • majestic-dawn-glaceon.jpg

Rate & Review.

May be the only COTD for a while.

Thanks to Water Pokemon Master from www.pokebeach.com for the scan.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    It seems very generic to me and I don't really see how you could combo it with anything (although it may go well with something in Majestic Dawn). I reckon OHKOs will be possible with the right Metal-types, though. We still haven't seen Glaceon LV.X, which needs to be considered as well.

Modified: 6/10
    Limited: 7/10
    With Glaceon LV.X: Who knows?

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • Still a bit hazy since we don't know what other cars it has to work with. However, a guaranteed 60 damage on turn 2or3 without any side effects is good and fast. If anything else, it's good for a nice few shots early in the game

3.5/5, but that's just a guess.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Meh, it can get in a good hit or two, but it's best to evolve him straight away to Lv. X. Assuming Lv. X works well, that is.
    3/5

EDIT: Also, kudos to WPM for sticking with the Beach. I couldn't live without his site. :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • It seems very generic to me and I don't really see how you could combo it with anything (although it may go well with something in Majestic Dawn). I reckon OHKOs will be possible with the right Metal-types, though. We still haven't seen Glaceon LV.X, which needs to be considered as well.

Modified: 6/10
    Limited: 7/10
    With Glaceon LV.X: Who knows?

Glaceon LV.X 100HP
    Level-Up

[Poke-Body](Freezing Breath)-As long as Glaceon LV.X is your active pokemon, your opponent can't use any Poke-Powers.

[W][W][C]Avanlanche 70
    Flip a coin. If head, this attack does 20 damage to each each of your opponent's benched pokemon (don't apply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon).

Weakness: +30
    Resistance: None
    RC: 1

So, not to good, but not to bad for Glaceon LV.X. Glaceon LV.X and Leafeon LV.X, by the way, will be the first LV.X pokemon that don't take x2 damage for weakness ever since the 3 LV.X's from D&P.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • Hmmm, seeing that, it makes a decent counter to pokepower-heavy decks. It could stand to shut down any metadecks that rely on powers for effectiveness.

Back