• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Differences in regional booster boxes

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2020
    Hi.
    I was looking at an ex ruby sapphire booster box and I noticed it didn't have the Nintendo red logo on the box or the golden seal of approval. The back says not for sale in America and Japan.
    Were old booster boxes different in this regard? Did the boxes change depending on region?
    Many thanks

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    It probably says not labeled for individual resell, which just means those individual boosters do not have the required labeling to be sold in a retail environment — not that it can't be sold. If that's not what it says can you take a picture?

I stopped my collecting just before EX Ruby & Sapphire, so I'm not as well versed on the formats of their boosters or boxes.. but should look like this. I don't recall any previous WOTC boxes having the Nintendo logo featured prominently either, but that's kind of different.

If it didn't come with the clear plastic packaging with the Pokémon logo on it, or basically cost under $1000, I'd tell you it's definitely weighed or outright fake. Good luck, friend.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2020
    This was the first set produced by Nintendo and not WOTC. I have looked at a booster box that says only for sale in America and it has red Nintendo logos under the Pokemon on the side of the box and a big Nintendo gold seal of approval on the side that contains the writing about the box. This one says not for sale in America and Japan on the bottom and has no Nintendo logos and seal. I assume it is a European box but I've searched online all day and I can't find an answer if the boxes were different in different regions.

Back