• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Duster swung upside down on the branch as soon as Snype hit her. She was hanging upside down on the branch and climbed back up to hit Snype from behind. Snype noticed this trick and barely dodged the attack. He felt her hand make slight contact with his face. Snype noticed Duster holding onto her right leg.

["Getting tired yet? Don't worry your putting up quite a fight!"] He complimented her with his usual large smile. Snype jumped off to one of the other branches and taunted her to chase after him. Snype was hanging upside down from the branch and gave off a mischievous laugh.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Bri couldn't help but grin. Snype was getting cocky. That presented another oppurtunity. He was currently hanging upside down on another branch, mocking Duster. She was standing on the branch, huffing and puffing.
"Duster! Use pound on that Branch! Maybe it will break, and he'll fall!" Bri said. Duster leapt at the branch, far enough away from Snype so that he couldn't stop her. She broke the branch, but was unable to catch onto anything. She fell and landed ungracefully onto another branch. She had fell on her stomach, and coughed a little.
"Duster?" Bri said, a little worried. He wasn't paying attention to Mark and Snype anymore. He breathed a sigh of relief when she got to her feet.
"I'm ok... I just knocked the wind out of myself," she said. Her voice held a bit of pain.

Megaman765

Years
Snype fall off the branch as Duster used pound on it. He had also landed right on his stomach and let off a cough. Snype get up to his feet and brushed himself off. ["Oof... Good thinking. Kehehe..."] Snype said to her. He was actually getting tired from all of this teasing. He would have to end this battle one way or another.

"Snype! Sucker punch!" Mark called out. Snype ran toward Duster in a zigzag like pattern and used a hard Jab aimed directly toward her chest. She could take alot of hits... but for how long?

((Sorry for the late reply the power went out over here ^.^))

Nideous

Years
Bri didn't yell for her to dodge it. He saw that she was at her limit. He simply smiled and said, "Well, looks like you win."

Duster took the hit, and fell off the branch. Bri ran foward and caught her. He smiled at her.
"Sorry, I tried!" Duster said weakly.
"Hey, don't worry about it! You put up a great fight!" Bri said to her as he walked over to Mark. He had a good time with this battle. Part of him wondered why. After all, he had lost. Oh well, he didn't care. Duster sighed happily and snuggled into his arms.
"That was a fun battle! When Snivy gets better, and after I get stronger, we'll have to do it again!" Bri said to Mark. Then he spotted the girls battle. He grinned at Mark and pointed.
"One thing though, weren't you supposed to be the ref for them?" Bri laughed.

Megaman765

Years
Snype landed the hit as Bri called off the battle. Snype had been hitting his limits as well but it seemed that he was the victor of the battle. He was thankful he didn't end up like Commodore. Snype crawled down the tree and sat right beside Mark, attempting to catch his breath from the recent workout.

"Hey good battle!" Mark said to Bri as he looked down at Duster. Len ran over to congratulate the two fighters and hopped up and down in joy. Bir made a comment about Mark being the ref of the other battle going on and mark simpily replied. "Hey, not my fault I was distracted. Hahaha." Mark said cheerfully.

Snype looked up at Duster. He wanted to talk with her more. She was fun to battle with! ["Kehehe. Hey, If you ever want a training partner I'm available. I betcha you'd be pretty handy in a double battle."] Snype complimented as he layed back on the ground. Len sat along side him and squirted water on his face. ["ah... thanks Len. I needed that."] Snype said to him.

Mark observed Duster once more. "Hmm... you just caught this pokemon didn't you?" He asked. "If I were you I'd suggest teaching him some moves with a technical machine or two. Not all ghost pokemon are going to be as generous as Snype over here. Dunno where we could find some in the academy though..."

Nideous

Years
"Heh, thanks. That was fun," Duster said. She grinned at Snype.

"Whoa! You can get machines that teach your pokemon new moves!? That's incredible! And yeah, I just caught Duster today. But I wonder where we can get TMs from... Maybe we should ask a teacher. Just so long as it isn't Mr. Tiranti. He sent me to ISS, and as you can see, I'm not there. Hmm..." Bri said thoughtfully. Duster looked up at him.
"Maybe there is a store in town that sells them," she said.
"Town? What town?" Bri asked.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
"B-Bri!" Skye called. He had been quietly watching the battles, and had returned Ellie to her Pokeball. Volca blew congratulatory flames. "Y-Your fight was ruh-really g-good." He left the shade of the tree and smiled at them all. He looked at Mark. "Ih-It t-takes a smuh-smart tr-trainer to use S-Sableye. Thuh-They're r-really c-clever, s-so you have to shuh-ure not to u-u-under," He sighed. "L-Looked down on." Rama waved at the exhausted Duster and Snype.

"Not bad considering matchups," he said, looking interested. He yawned. "Still bored though..."

Megaman765

Years
Mark's eyes widened. "ISS? Sheesh what in the world did you do to get sent there? This is your first day and all you'd think he'd show a little bit of mercy huh?" Mark questioned. It was a pokemon school... someone should know about some kind of store that would sell at least basic TMs. Maybe the school would hold competitions or contests that would give away TM's as prizes somewhere along the future? Mark couldn't help but anticipate what his future life at the academy would be like.

Skye soon arrived to the scene and congratulated both of them. Mark could make out what he said, despite the stuttering but he gladly took the compliment that he was given. "Heheh, He's still an unpredictable little ghost. But I suppose that's his best advantage huh?" Mark said.

Snype laughed and put his arm over Rama as he sat down beside him. ["Kehehe bored huh? Well looks like we'll have to change that huh?"] Snype smirked mischievously.

Years
As the place begins to get dark and night soon arrives an incredibly loud bell rings across the island signalling the end of the evening session. The bell signals that it will soon be time for everyone to go back to there dorms and sleep..​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class list for tomorrow
Pokemon Biology(Musician of Literature)-Kellyn Wayland, , Dimitri Lancer

Pokemon Mythology, Items Uses(Yagerbomb)-Jack Jacobs, Valorie Ryder, , Selene Evans

Eggs 101, In Battle Expert(rustymenon)-Alice Martin, Wallace Briggs

Double Battle Expert-Ace Star Black, Brian Jameson, Mark Willson

Mining 10, Fossil 101-Nathan, Jackson Goldan, Skye Odell

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Skye smiled pleasantly. Rama gave him a grin as he transformed into Skype, imitating him perfectly. "Don't think I should be fighting you just yet, considering you were just in a game."

Skye paused a moment. "Thuh-hat could be... I n-need to g-get Ellie a Thunderstone, s-so muh-maybe it's the same i-idea."

"So does he," Ellie chirped, forcing herself from the Pokeball as she looked at Bri. "If he wants to evolve Duster." Hearing the bell, Skye blinked, smiled, and waved farewell as he left with his Pokemon.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
"BLU, SWERVE IT!" yelled Selene as she watched in horror as the twister attack was launched. Yes, now they knew which one was the real Dratini, but it wouldn't do much good if Blu was torn apart inside the twister. Blu kept charging forward, the blue aura of his facade attack crackling, and Selene wasn't sure if he had heard or not. "BLU! DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO SWERVE IT, IT'S TOO BIG! FLY UP AND BACK! WE'LL GET ANOTHER SHOT!" but again Blu carried on, ignoring Selene. She looked round at Ri and Ryan and they shrugged, not knowing what was going on. Blu was not the type of pokemon to ignore a trainer's command, yet they knew his hearing was good enough for him to have heard Selene's shout.

Blu heard Selene. He heard the shout. He chose not to listen. Yes he was handicapped by the paralysis, and yes twister was a formidable attack mid-flight but he felt the power surging through him from the facade attack that hadn't yet hit and the protection of his safeguard, that more than made up for the paralysis. He just knew that he could clear the Twister. He slammed the twister head on, diving right into the centre of the stormy winds. He felt himself getting blown off course and the winds attempting to blow him down and rip him apart but he felt the aura burning around him and it helped him push forward. The winds were growing though, he kept striving forward, eyes jammed shut.

Selene dropped to her knees as she waited for either the twister to subside or for Blu to fall out, ghosts of tears welling up in her eyes. "Blu...why...oh Please, God...please." she begged, as Ri placed a hand on her arm, looking round at Ryan, fear etched on both their faces. Suddenly, Blu dove out of the other side of the twister, seeming shaken with one wing apparently moving with difficulty. But on he drove, and he was so close to Dratini, he didn't see how his attack could miss.

Selene screamed, leaping into the air and punching upwards. "YES! BLU! GO FOR IT BLU!" she knew that facade must be a powerful attack. She had been hopeless for a moment, given Blu's paralysis, however she knew that he had the power to pull through. Her Blu had more power than people gave him credit for. "Now it's just a case of staying close enough to Dratini to pummel it...not letting up, relentless attack and aggression...WE CAN DO THIS BLU!" she yelled, her confidence renewed and her belief in Blu drove her onwards, and this same spirit filled Ryan and Ri. She watched as Blu was mere inches away from Dratini, praying under her breath.

Nideous

Years
Bri had just enough time to greet Skye as he walked over before an obscenely loud bell rang. Duster looked around and waved at the pokemon she didn't know. Then Bri remembered something.

"Oh, no! I promised Snivy I'd bring her an Apple!" Bri said. He said a short farewell to his friends and ran to the cafeteria. He grabbed an Apple and hauled it to the nurse's station. Once inside, he looked at Snivy. She was asleep. So was a Charmander in the next bed over. Bri tried to think of who owned a Charmander for a moment. He set the apple down next to Snivy. He surpressed a laugh as she curled up to it.
"Good night, Snivy. I'll see you in the morning," Bri said quietly. He walked back to his dorm, and said good night to the people gathered there. Once in his room, he checked to see if his jacket was dry, which it was. He set his alarm for tomorrow, because Snivy wasn't around to wake him up. Then he lay down and went to sleep. Duster was still curled up in his arms, and was sleeping peacefully.

Megaman765

Years
Snype chuckled at Rama's Illusion trick. ["Sheesh do I look that charming?"] Snype thought to himself. Suddenly an extremely loud bell run. Looks like hunting for TM's would have to wait. Both Bri and his other friend headed off to their dorms, along with their pokemon. However Mark didn't want to go just yet. He wanted to watch the battle between Selene and Valorie finish up before heading back to his Dorm. Besides, He wouldn't be able to sleep with Selene yelling so much. He would probobly end up hearing it all the way from his dorm room.

Snype enjoyed the night time. It reminded him of his younger days when he lived in a cave. He wished he could have done a battle during this time. He would have had a full advantage.

"Not sure which one I should put my bets on. Heh." Mark joked. Snype and Len sat alongside him and watched the battle unfold.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Alice looked up from the sink as the teacher walked in. Quickly, she turned off the cold water and folded her arms on the lab table. "Let's go over the enzyme worksheet," the teacher said casually as if nothing had just happened. Alice was somewhat annoyed. The first class she made it to on time was boring, and the one class she's late to, she misses most of the lesson. Mr… whatever this teacher's name was explained the worksheet for only about a minute before a loud bell echoed throughout the school. That was very quick, especially since the day didn't feel that long at all. Alice looked out the window and saw that dusk was starting to arrive.

She stood up and walked out of the classroom, ignoring some students who asked why she smelled like garbage. It was cold out here, too cold. Alice could barely see a few feet ahead, as darkness was falling quickly. She grabbed a pokéball from her belt and tossed it. "Vulpix!" Jem yelled happily as he didn't enjoy his short time in the ball.

"Jem, help me out, I can't see," Alice said to him. "Vul!" Jem opened his mouth wide and blew a small amount of fire. The fire lit up a bright circle of light. They walked until they made it to the dorm areas. Here, of course, there were lamps. Jem put of the fire as Alice looked around and observed all the students walking by. She wasn't planning on going to sleep tonight. This was the perfect chance to explore wherever she wasn't allowed to normally go. Out of the places where Alice has gone, she had only seen the eight battle fields and two wings of the school. She had no idea what else there was, but she was confident to find out. Alice looked at the tall kids, the short kids, the chubby kids, the thin kids. Hmmm.

She walked away from the door of her dorm as casually as she could. There was starting to be less and less people walking around, so Alice presumed they were getting into their dorms to sleep. She turned a corner and noticed an empty hallway with a lone door. Let's see what this is. Alice picked up speed and went over to the door. She tried to yank it open, but it was locked. Jem lashed his six tails, watching Alice trying to open the door.

"It's locked… they're probably going to lock every single door here," Alice suggested. She went back down the hall and noticed the gym building across the dorms. She ran toward it and turned the handle on the door. It was open, thankfully. She and Jem made their way inside and Alice slowly closed the door, hoping she hadn't been spotted.

SelenaStar

Years
Taking a sideways look at Mark, Selene smirked and waved. "Nice to have an audience!" she shouted over, Ri and Ryan waving at Len and Snype. "Have a good battle? Shouldn't you be getting back to the dorm? Bell has gone you know..." she looked hesitantly at Valorie, not sure whether they should postpone the battle. On one hand she couldn't stand breaking off a battle halfway through when it was getting interesting...but on the other she didn't particularly want to get into trouble on her second day here...it was a tough decision. But she wouldn't be the one to broach the subject - that'd be too much like a weakness in her opinion, especially when Blu was doing so well.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie became frustrated, unsure of what to feel over what just happened. She was pretty sure she'd just seen Swablu disobey orders, and Selene looked upset. Abruptly though, she noticed Swablu erupting from the side of the twister and turned her attention back to him. Dratini notices him too, but doesn't have enough time to react. A loud crack was heard as Swablu collides with Dratini's head, and Dratini was knocked away, falling a bit as it let out a pained cry. Upon inspection, the attack seems to have left a large bruise on it's head, a very painful looking one. Valorie holds her breath for a moment, but that's all it took for Dratini to right itself in the air. Even with it's enhanced power, a single facade hadn't been enough to take Dratini down in one shot. She wondered if it could take two, but judging by how much the attack seemed to have hurt, decided to try not to find out.

"Good job, Dratini! It doesn't look like we're out of this yet though!"

Dratini's double team clone came back to it, once again sharing the same space for a brief moment. If one looked at the double team clone, they'd see that it now displayed the same bruise as the original. Darn. Dratini appeared to be pretty irritated from being attacked. It was ready to continue.

SelenaStar

Years
Swablu shot upwards, flying into the air so high that he disappeared for a moment. Selene assumed it was so he could take a rest and regain his strength after that huge effort. She hadn't been so proud, although she felt a stab of sympathy as she watched Dratini struggle, and she could empathise with Valorie's worry given what she'd just been through with Blu. However, she was pleased when Dratini got up again, ready to continue. She knew that neither Dratini or Valorie would be the kind of fighter to give up after one good hit, but she had to make sure that Blu didn't disobey orders again. She had to make sure that she kept trust and belief in her pokemon.

The dark was making it more difficult to see anyway, and now with Dratini's double team it could be even more difficult for Swablu to get a hit in...new tactics had to be thought up here. She couldn't use attacks that required a huge degree of accuracy...any sweeping attacks she could use had to be utilised, and she had to be as evasive as Valorie now and only attack when it was feasible. "Swablu, use safeguard again, build up your defences!" yelled Selene, and Blu layered yet another safeguard veil over himself as he flew back down to the battlefield, flying in circles around the two Dratini.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie watched Swablu climb way into the air for a few moments. She looks back to the Dratinis, both of which anxiously stare up at Swablu without giving chase. After feeling confident that Swablu was not about to turn and attack in the blink of an eye, Valorie begins to smile again.

"Alright Dratini, let's take it up a notch! Use Double Team again!"

Dratini emits a low, idle cry before splitting again. This time, though, both it and it's original clone split. That being said, there are now three clones. This time, they all swirl together chaotically to throw off anyone watching them before separating again, all an equal distance from each other. Valorie knew this would significantly increase the effectiveness of her gamble.

"Alright, enough of that. Dratini, pursue that Swablu! Be ready to give it your best shot."

The way she'd said those last two words had been mechanical sounding, as if they had some hidden double meaning. Was that a code word of some sort? The four dratinis began to rise into the air, floating in circles like a pack of sharks in a cliche sea horror movie. Had they been taught to do that? Who knew? Valorie had however made a mistake. While Dratini was capable of floating quite well, Swablu could probably fly significantly higher. That is... if it could manage with the paralysis and the strain the twister had apparently put on it's wing(s).

Renege

C arry T he F lame
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
(OOC: For the sake of moving on, I'll end this.)

[Outside Battle; Wallace v Ace/Raikou Dorm]

"Its time to finish this Leafy!"

"I'm done," Wallace said as he got out his Pokeball and returned Lome to her temporary home he would have to stop by and get her healed up.

Wallace watched as Ace ordered his Pokemon to heal up and he knew that he could have Lome use Protect and stall this battle out longer. It just wasn't necessary for him to do that and beside they had been battling all day long and now it was night time. They had other classes to attend so it wasn't really Wallace's style to keep on going. He'd learn a lot during this battle with Ace and now it's time he just took a break. The trainers on this island did like to battle so he wasn't sure how long that break would be.

"See ya!" Wallace said to Ace and waved goodbye as he walked by several battles on his way out he didn't care enough to get the specifics. On his way to the dorm he stopped to get Lome healed and as he handed the Pokeball over to the island's Nurse Joy he yawned. He could get plenty of sleep later but right now he needed to stay until Lome was done being healed. She would not take well to him leaving her there overnight and going off to class without her. Wallace had dozed off when a Chansey tapped him on the head and handed him his Pokeball, "Thanks!" Wallace mumbled. Somehow he managed to get himself to his dorm without falling over and in the morning he would go to class. He could be bothered with finding his schedule right now it was time to sleep.

SelenaStar

Years
From the battlefield, Selene and Blu watched as the Dratini flew upwards. Blu looked at Selene confused and Selene shrugged, shouting over to Valorie "VALORIE! BLU IS DOWN HERE," she pointed to Blu who was gliding on the battlefield. Selene assumed it was the dark...it was getting difficult to see, they really needed to end this battle. "Okay Blu, while they're up there bring on your blizzard attack!!! Make it as strong as you can!" Blu floated upwards a bit further and his eyes and aura glowed the palest blue. The clouds remaining in the night sky turned black as pitch and erupted with a blizzard of snow and ice, which would have been pretty had it not been moving at hurricane-speed, one of the most powerful attacks Blu knew.

Selene shivered, the snow even reaching her. It engulfed the entire battlefield, Ri moving over to her and placing his hand on her leg, shielding her from the cold with his aura. Selene smiled at Ri as Ryan muscled in on the warming aura, turning back to Blu and watching anxiously. He'd gotten some good attacks in during this battle even with his paralysis and the effort he'd put into getting through the twister, and this one was his most powerful ice attack. If this didn't work Selene was seriously going to have to think outside the box.

Back