• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making Cutscenes that don't involve the Player character

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Okay, so how does one get to making cutscenes or stuffs like that in which your character is actually not supposed to do anything, but as the player of the game, you're just supposed to watch that scene?
    (An example would be the cutscene in Emerald where Rayquaza stops Groudon & Kyogre's fight...)
    (Sorry, I couldn't decide whether this falls under a General Coding Question territory or just Essentials territory)

There has to be something in Essentials for such cases, right?
    There's already the Game Intro wherein your overworld character does nothing (but your character is not even established at that point so I guess that falls under a different category altogether)

I'm assuming that I may have to warp player to the required cutscene map, make an autorun event that just happens as soon as you enter the map. But how do I make the player character... "invisible" in all this? Do I need to make the background tiles "Always on top" for this so that the player stays hidden? Is that possible? Or can this be done without warping the player altogether?

There has to be a more convenient way of doing all this, right?
    So... any help on this? Thanks in advance to all who contribute! :)
    (& Sorry you had to read through so much...)

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Use the transparent flag command situated in the second page of the events. Or change the player's opacity to 0 with a move route.

Back