• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 3] Started Doing Some Solo Challenges For Funsies

Years
  • UPDATE: 02/05/2023 2100PT

Original Post: Hey everyone, I've been playing a good bit of Fire Red lately and decided to start doing some Solo challenges. I'm eventually going to be attempting every Pokémon available in the game. Here's my first one from a few days ago, I've just uploaded my second one today.

When I make these videos I tend to utilize the natural transitions unless it would be smoother to do things a different way. I can't get enough of these games and doing this has caused me to learn new facets of the game that I would've never looked into before because a relatively strong Pokémon team tends to have no issues brute forcing their way through the game with items and full restores. Using a single character however, not having them evolve, has definitely made things new and interesting again for me.
    ------------------------------------------

Update: My playing style is beginning to get polished as are my videos and editing abilities. That you all for your views. Videos starting at the top will be the oldest. Any support is sincerely and greatly appreciated, thanks for your time and enjoy!

Taking any and all special requests! These solo runs can include Johto and Hoenn Pokémon available in the post game of FireRed/LeafGreen as well.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is the video I intended to make, but it has given me a lot of inspiration as I grinded it out. Enjoy and if you have any questions, let me know!

UPDATE: Zubat is complete, editing the video now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alright, another video coming out, I had such a great time with the Gen 1 videos that while playing I came up with this concept...what if Red wasn't from Pallet Town? What if you didn't start out choosing from Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander...but had to do things just a little bit differently? Thoroughly enjoyed making it and I hope you enjoy...just for fun I made it a Nuzlocke. It may be similar storyline to a game several generations later but I thought it was still pretty cool.

Years
  • Here is a little run that I did. I've always wanted to play as the rival and have thought from the beginning wouldn't it be cool if each adjacent version of the game actually had true opposing characters? I would have loved to have both games as a kid!

Years
  • Mistakenly deleted my late gen 1 video so I apologize in advance if you've been subjected to it, just want to make sure the audience has a full opportunity to fantasize about the possibility!

Back