• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Journal] Pig Plays Games

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023

Pig Plays Games 2023
    Platinum Trophies
    SCOREBOARD GRAPHIC HERE, DAWG
    • Nothing to list yet
    Backlogged
    1. Sims Urbz - GBA (PC Game-Along)
    Playing
    • P3P (To 100%)
    • Sims 2 Castaway - DS
    • Ring Fit Adventure
    Backlog
    • P5R (Again on completion account)
    • Growing Up (again on completion account)

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    The Urbz
    Sims in the City
    February PC Play-Along​
    Rufio
    picture.php
    • Cooking ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢
    • Mechanical ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢
    • Creativity ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢
    • Body ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢
    • Logic ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢
    • Charisma ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢
    Jobs
    • Squeegee
    1 - Birdwatcher
    2 - Streaker
    3 - Glass Buffer
    4 - Squeegee Guru
    5 - Clean N Sheen
    • Hoopz
    1 - Got No Game
    2 - Granny Styler
    3 - Sure Shot
    4 - Hoopz Master
    5 - En Fuego
    • Doctor Max Stat
    1 - Intern
    2 - Bonesaw
    3 - Resident
    4 - Doctor
    5 - Brain Surgeon
    • Comic Explosion
    1 - Wise Guy
    2 - Prop Comic
    3 - Comedian
    4 - Cable Comedian
    5 - Wild and Crazy Guy
    • Motocross Mayhem
    1 - Novice
    2 - Rookie
    3 - Speed Demon
    4 - Duke of Dirt
    5 - Hogg King​
    • Moogoo Monkey
    1 - Wannabe Primate
    2 - Lucky Monkey
    3 - Awesome Orangutan
    4 - Great Gorilla
    5 - Moogoo Monkey Master
    • Yar Hey Bombard
    1 - Seaman
    2 - Scurvy Dog
    3 - First Mate
    4 - Captain Chaos
    5 - Boat Basher Supreme​
    • Soul Music
    1 - L'il Fiddler
    2 - Prodigy
    3 - Maestro
    4 - Virtuoso
    5 - Red Man Incarnate​
    Popularity - 76%
    • Artsies ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ - Clubhouse unlocked
    • Streeties ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ - Clubhouse unlocked
    • Nerdies ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ - Clubhouse Unlocked
    • Richies ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ - Clubhouse Unlocked
    Log
    Rufio was named after my youngest ferret, Rufio, who I also tried to style the clothing pattern after, but the styles were severely lacking for a game that seems to center around personal style, but you know! I also tried to answer the personality questions at the beginning as if it was Rufio was answering them - as a human because pizza is so bad for ferrets.
    You start off supposed to give Kris your squeegee but honestly I hoarded it and kept doing the squeegee job, getting the promotion by using the gym and using all the available facilities to keep my stats up, vibing around the tower until I had saved up an adequate amount of money - I know how fast things start to get expensive in these games.
    I actually thought the game was trying to force me to turn in the squeegee because when I was trying to raise my boredom back up, the TV I kept fixing would break literally every time I turned it on, like 3 times in a row. I thought it was brute forcing me to continue but it did eventually turn on. I kept it on permanently so it couldn't break 3 times in a row again. It DID eventually lock me out of progressing because you can't use the workbench to raise your mechanical skill until after you turn the squeegee in, though, so it traps you at level 3 until you move on, and can't even do the job anymore.
    So Kris can lock you in, force you to jailbreak yourself out, and won't even own up to it as you get sent off to jail, because a rich guy doesn't want you sharing secrets you may or may not have come across, which the police officer in charge of you is aware of. Sims games were always known for their logic.
    I lived for as long as I possibly could in the jail, raising my body stat using the weight set, and raking in money playing Hoopz. I'm now apparently hench af and make an absolute living playing ball. I also ran around raising a bunch of relationships to 100, just to not deal with them all later when they eventually become plot-important. I only moved out of the jail when I had well over 10,000 simoleons and got tired of it. I've already secured 4 jobs closing in on the end of chapter 2, and I've been able to afford the full upgrades for my house so I don't get broken into a lot.
    I can't find Dusty Hogg again to save my life. I know he's one of the quest tabs, but he's nowhere to be found. I've done almost everything else besides his quest this round. Guess I'll just keep on keeping on 'till he shows back up again.
    Closing in on chapter 3 now, just a matter of finding people again, as usual. Dusty was pretty difficult to beat in the race but I did eventually do it.
    Getting into the club had me feeling so insulted the first time. It really made me feel like such an outsider like, "oh, this is where everyone's been the whole time? Without me?"
    I don't get this baking mechanic, everything I put in the oven just burns up even when the recipe is right and my cooking skill is pretty decent. I could just be super unlucky this game has been known to do that to me.
    This game is not a fan of you owning things. Even though the smaller house I was in at the start had one giant living space, it didn't allow me to fully furnish it because of "fire hazard," so I moved into a much bigger place once the area unlocked. One game of Hoopz pays my bills for an entire in game month so it's easy not getting evicted.
    The comedy game is....ridiculous. That's all I'll say on that.
    If you try and give Guiseppe the briefcase before giving it to the cop he shiftily rejects it as if you're being too conspicuous, but takes it once it's been bugged.
    Well I did the bayou arc, there really is a lot more secrets to this game than what is just surface level. Like I know this porthole is going to make a comeback somehow.
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    I'm also super pleased at the inclusion of a banjo, and entirely disappointed that you can't play it. and that the associated mini-game is a fiddle rather than.
    Got back and re-legalised running - I knew maintaining a high popularity from the get-go would prove useful, since you need 40% to progress and I had over 70 lol. I've really blasted through some parts of this game. I've unlocked, what I think? Is now the most expensive house in the game, but to be honest, I haven't reached my item limit yet in my current house, and I actually really like my set-up, so even though I could afford it, I'm not going to live in the ritziest side of town. I'll stick to my mid house and see where the game takes me in the future.
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Kitchen - complete with aesthetic stone stove, art room, and game room
    (How does two fireplaces stacked on top of eachother even work?)​
    I do wish I had taken screenshots of my first flat to log here, but as I had said before, there wasn't much to it because they didn't allow me to furnish it nearly as much.
    Currently closing in on chapter 4 as I type this, working on the Carnivale! bit for Moxie. I wish there was a house available to live in at the carnival, that would have been a cool inclusion/feature.
    On chapter five and this game has given me a headache. These mini-games are actually impossible without the use of save-states. Squeegee Clean at on point had so much shit (literally) on the screen, the game began to absolutely chug, my sim couldn't even stand up because of the constant bombardment, and the game finally crashed. Comic Explosion is just as bad. I can't get a word in edgewise - these people are monsters, and some of the tomatoes are completely unavoidable, and if you get hit by one, you may as well start over. I've had to micro-manage my movements by milliseconds, as well as garnering a bit of luck with each load that I'll be given items that grant me more time, using save-states. There is not a single chance I would be able to progress without them. I even tried looking up strategies, but nobody talks about this game outside of like, 20 minute quippy youtube videos.
    I finally clocked, on my own, that the best strategy is to stand away from the mic, and when they throw tomatoes, go stand off to the side of the mic (not directly in front of), which will give you a pretty decent chunk of time to raise the meter, then once they start throwing tomatoes again, veer off to the side, repeat. A bit of randomness will still mean you get hit, but nothing you can't circumvent with save-states (I don't even care anymore at this point). Was actually able to make 2,500 simoleons this way in one go, but it took ages, and it's not a fun game lmao. You do get the hang of it though, unlike Squeegee which is just inherently and structurally bad. I'll get a few more promotions before moving on with the story. Maybe even finally move into one of the bigger houses because I'm finding it difficult to navigate around my house.
    The Artsies quest-line involves recycling 100 piles of trash at one time, but I can only find 66. The game won't produce any more for me, I've cleaned the city up to well. I hope that's not a soft lock where I'm supposed to have been saving them all from the beginning. (It was a soft lock, after day 100 the trash stops spawning. I'm....pretty miffed over that.)
    I won't lie, because that really annoyed me and I was looking forward to completing this game 100%, I took it upon myself to try and see if I could RomHack this game, I spent a few hours digging in the guts of this games' hex but I could not for the life of me find where they kept the data for how many items you have. It's just. Nowhere to be found. I'm absolutely lost on how in the world it could be so difficult to change a 66 to a 100 in the games code, but it is. I tried using both HxD and WinHex, using Hex conversion tools and all sorts, but I am just too stupid for this, so I gave up. It turns out upon a little bit more digging, there was a CodeBreaker code that gives you 99 of each item. So yeah I did that instead. Problem solved. It's the only cheat I'll use, beside save-states in mini-games because that's just necessary, to artificially raise a number. Everything else I'll do the way the game intended, until post game when I might mess around a bit more with all that.
    I did not realise just how much there was to this game. I mentioned knowing there were secrets and things before but there's so many layers to what you can do here, this isn't just a speed-through if you're like me and want to see everything. I now have the goal of unlocking all the clubhouses as well as some other post game content I was completely unaware of. Rufio and I definitely have some more work to do.

picture.php

Well that's the end!​
    I've beat the big baddie, and I've unlocked every clubhouse and secret location.
    Really all that's left to do is fully decorate them but to be honest I feel like I'm running out of unique ways to do so for each, but they're not looking too bad thus far! I may post pics if I ever feel like they're finished.

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Sims 2 Castaway
    Brenda
    picture.php
    Collection - 40%
    • Fruits 14/19
    • Vegetables 11/15
    • Grains and Herbs - 1/5
    • Meat 3/5
    • Fish - 15/60
    • Bugs - 15/15
    • Dishes - 6/51
    • Headwear - 4/21
    • Tops - 7/20
    • Bottoms - 5/22
    • Shoes - 3/14
    • Tools - 13/15
    • Instruments - 3/4
    • Seeds - 8/34
    • Objects - 44/73
    • Gadgets - 1/26
    • Treasures - 7/13
    • Shells - 12/18
    • Geological Finds - 8/15
    • Corals - 3/9
    Relationships
    • Dr. Feelgood - 96%
    • Chef Butcher - 44%
    • Ms. Weeder - 49%
    • Suzy McDress - 61%
    Log
    I named her Brenda as a joke between Batzu and I but also because her initial design makes her look like a single mom of one who's schedule is filled with making sure the bouncy house will be set up on time for her daughter's birthday party at the park while grocery shopping for a store-bought walmart cake while said daughter is at soccer practice.
    picture.php

I'm wholly convinced this game purposefully misinterprets your stylus clicks because I am mashing my screen and these bugs are still getting away, even after calibrating my touch screen.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Persona 3
    Portable
    Rufio Jackson
    • Academics ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
    • Charm ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
    • Courage ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
    Compendium - 51%
    Steam achievement progress - 26/36 (72%)
    Social Links
    • Fool - 10/10
    • Magician - 10/10
    • Chariot - 10/10
    • Tower - 10/10
    • Hierophant - 10/10
    • Strength - 10/10
    • Hermit - 10/10
    • Emperor - 10/10
    • HangedMan - 10/10
    • Justice - 10/10
    • Temperance - 0/10
    • Death - 10/10
    • Priestess - 10/10
    • Fortune - 10/10
    • Devil - 10/10
    • Lovers - 10/10
    • Sun - 10/10
    • Star - 10/10
    • Moon - 10/10
    • Empress - 5/10
    • Aeon - 0/10
    • Judgement - 1/10
    Log
    One-hundred percent, let's gooo! Rufio joins the multiverse, this time born as one of the only high schoolers who can save the world, apparently.

Yeah, this one.​
    I have, as I tend to do in Persona games, been blasting through social links. I get as far as tartarus will let me go before hitting a blockade in one night so I can spend the rest of my time raising stats and completing social links. I'm already nearly done with Kazuishi and the bookstore couple, and I spend every Sunday doing Hermit. Then I'll focus in on student council and Yuko.
    Yuko took too long and now I'm going to have an issue being able to finish all the romance options because you can't turn people down, so 100%ing requires a different strategy. It may be one of the achievements I get in the next MC playthrough.
    picture.php

Also, you can say some heinous shit to this girl​

Fucks sake man, january 9th, I've got Mitsuru at only rank 5 and Aigis at 0, it's going to be fucking tight but I MIGHT be able to do it if I spend sundays boosting socials at the shrine.
    I havent used a guide up to now, but I'm looking at this one now and it says you should have Mitsuru at 7 by the 9th, but there's also a few spare days at the end of january they have listed as free time so I'm hoping those are my leeways.

Last edited:
    Back