• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Learning Moves and Evolving

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2021
    Hello fellow Pok?mon Trainers!

I have a question. I am training a Poliwag on Gold version at the moment, and when it's time for it to evolve into a Poliwrath, I'd like it to learn Submission at level 35, but I'd also like it to learn Body Slam as a Poliwhirl at level 35.

My question is will Poliwrath still learn Submission once evolved if I use a Water Stone when Poliwhirl is at level 35?

Thank you all!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    From my understanding it shouldn't be an issue to be able to do that. However definitely save just before just in case! If you can't I think DynamicPunch + Mind Reader would be good too.

Years
  • Yes it will learn submission if u evolve it with a water stone. But I personally don't like this move because it hurts ur Pokemon in recoil.

Back