• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] New Custom Ability - GlassSkin

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2023
    Hi there,

working on my project I decided to insert some different forms of Pokémon, some of that inspired from the anime.

One of them is Crystal Onix. In the anime he has resistance for water-type attacks and weakness for fire.

I wouldn't add-in any new type like Crystal (or Glass or similar), I just want make an ability named GlassSkin that makes Crystal Onix resistant (or immune) to water moves, and weak for fire and sound-based moves (like a crystal glass that crash under strong soundwaves), lasting all the others resistances and weaknesses as now.

Thanks to anybody would help me!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Hi there,

working on my project I decided to insert some different forms of Pokémon, some of that inspired from the anime.

One of them is Crystal Onix. In the anime he has resistance for water-type attacks and weakness for fire.

I wouldn't add-in any new type like Crystal (or Glass or similar), I just want make an ability named GlassSkin that makes Crystal Onix resistant (or immune) to water moves, and weak for fire and sound-based moves (like a crystal glass that crash under strong soundwaves), lasting all the others resistances and weaknesses as now.

Thanks to anybody would help me!

there are some posts on here that discuss the ability water bubble, you can use that for a resistance to water, or look into water absorb for immunity and just take off the healing part.
    same can be applied for fire and sound based moves. just looking at similar scripts already in the game should help you make an ability like yours without any problems.

Back