• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] (NSE) Is it possible to add new slots for overworld sprites or am I limited to editing the ones already in the rom?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2020
    IGNORE THIS THREAD I FOUND A TUTORIAL SORRY FOR MAKING THIS THREAD

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere, but if it has, I can't find it.

I am trying to add overworld sprites to Emerald for some pokemon that don't have them. I want them to appear on the overworld so the player can walk up to them and initiate a battle that way, rather than having them appear in the wild.

My question is, and again I apologize if it is a stupid question, but we all start out not knowing anything until we learn: In NSE, I can scroll through a list of 0 to 244 overworld sprites. Since I want the main emerald game to be intact (I am only adding a few new things to the game, not replacing anything that was already there), is it possible to add or create new sprites after that 244th one? Or do I have no choice but to look for rare or unused sprites in those that already exist, and only edit those?

Last edited:
    Back