• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Help with player spawn location upon fainting FIRE RED

Years
  • OK guys a bit of a complex one. Firstly how do I manipulate where the player will 'respawn' after losing a battle. I want the player to spawn in their Mom's house (on a custom map, not the default pallet town map of your room) should they lose a battle before reaching the first pkmn centre and am uncertain as to how I would go about this. Furthermore I was hoping to include some script in the scripting of the first rival encounter similar to that in Oak's lab, such that should you lose to your rival rather than being whisked away to the 'respawn point' at Mom's house you just stay where you are and the professor will heal your team. I know special 0x0 is the healing command but how would I stop my player from 'respawning' in particular instances. Is there a special command, or a specific 'battle type' that produces this effect?

Thanks for reading I look forward to reading your comments xxx

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020
    If you want to Change First Respawn (mom's) in Fire Red US Open ROM in hex editor Go to offset
    BFD6C & 3EEC98 change 04 (default) to New Map Bank
    BFD70 & 3EEC9A change 00 (default) to New Map No.
    BFD74 Player's X Position
    BFD78 Player's Y Position

Last edited:
    Back