• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate and possibly help my Firered Team?

Years
This is my Firered team. Im currently level grinding to fight the elite 4.

Hitmonlee: LV: 47:
Brick Break
Counter
Earthquake
Meditate

Electabuzz: LV: 47:
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Light Screen
Psychic

Venusaur: LV 47:
Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder
Frenzy Plant
Return

Pidgeot: LV 46:
Wing Attack
Fly
Hyper Beam
Sand Attack

Vaporeon: LV: 47:
Surf
Ice Beam
Bite
Acid Armor

Mr. Mime: LV: 47:
Psychic
Calm Mind
Magical Leaf
Shock Wave

I'm probably going to end up in the safari zone catching Paras/Parasect so i can get Tinymushrooms and go to the move tutor, so I can get a few moves adjusted.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Hitmonlee: LV: 35
Brick Break
Hi Jump Kick
Mind Reader
Strength

This is the set that Hitmonlee at least can abuse. If you want, you can put Return over Strength there.

Electabuzz: LV: 36
Thunderbolt
Brick Break
Light Screen
Strength

Venusaur: LV 36:
Giga Drain or Solarbeam
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Sludge Bomb

Pidgeot: LV 37:
Agility
Fly or Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Return

Vaporeon: LV: 37
Shadow Ball
Surf
Bite or Dig
Ice Beam

Mr. Mime: LV: 39
Psychic
Magical Leaf
Shock Wave
Double Team

i used these Pokemon already and I succeeded using this sets. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
To add to miltankRancher, there's some alternative sets you can go with on the Pokemon.

Wish is generally in most of Vaporeon's sets, though you can make-do with toxic / protect, which basically takes advantage of its stalling abilities rather than use it offensively, 'cause pretty much while you don't have wish, you can still make use of it since it generally lasts long in battle. The set you had wouldn't really help it, since you don't need two water-type attacks, even if they have a different purpose. Bite doesn't really help it since it's weak and doesn't counter anything it'd be affected by anyway, and aurora beam is weaker than ice beam. But yeah, I'd go surf/ice beam/protect/toxic, since ice beam is for the things that aren't affected by surf, and surf being your STAB, while the other two take advantage of being able to stall the opponent.

Mr. Mime was generally used as a not-entirely-offensive Pokemon, utilising either baton pass or trick, allowing it to help out its team mates. However, since you're going partially offensive, as Miltank Rancher said, Psychic > Psybeam. Thunderbolt is also better than Shock Wave, and Double Team doesn't really help since it lowers the opponents evasion, rather than increase your stats, the latter of which you'd want to do. For this reason, back in that generation it used attacks such as Calm Mind & Meditate. Basically if you give it CM it can improve its STAB as well as improve its other attacks, if not, go with the actual set, being meditate & brick break, which fits in with psychic. Magical Leaf also doesn't really help it, so it is something you could replace.

On pidgeot, generally yeah, lowering oppnents stats, aka sand attack doesn't really help, instead go for something with priority, aka quick attack so you can outspeed when switching in for the kill. While it can learn steel wing, it doesn't really need it. Also, yeah, Return is good due to it being its STAB.

For Venusaur, Frenzy Plant isn't really a good idea, since while it's "good" you can't move on the next turn and you don't really want to risk that. Toxic can work, but you'd rather be annoying with leech seed + sleep powder, but since you can't really learn hidden power as it otherwise would learn here, just go with leech seed > cut and leave it as is, imo. But yeah, agreed with giga drain, though, due to no physical/special split.

On electabuzz, just mentioning that thunderpunch AND thunder aren't a good idea - mainly because thunder has bad accuracy and you don't really need two electric-type attacks. :x

Aaand for Hitmonlee, since Mind Reader and HJK can work, you don't really need brick break. Since it basically takes two turns to set this up, then earthquake and rock slide can work for coverage that you otherwise wouldn't receive from the two attacks. Be cautious, though, setting up this two turn thing can be dangerous, so Brick Break is really preferred, buuut up to you.

Good luck!

Back