• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problem with zooming in on battles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2018
    So I'm running into this issue. Whenever trying to use a background image, i get the issue in pic related. It's incredibly zoomed in. So I end up switching it to 1.75 zoom, which should make it about the right size that I need but then it ends up going off into the corner. Now the image I'm using for the BG is the right size for this, but I don't know what to do.
    iv2Awnk.png

I've tried looking for the x and y value of the bacground in the scrips, but I haven't managed to find it. Can anyone help? I'm using elite battle system by the way.

On a side note if anyone can help out with it as well, I don't have a trainer backsprite when I'm in battle. The image is in character and it's labeled trback000. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I had one prior to using EBS.

Last edited:

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Is the background image the same size as the EBS backgrounds?
    Other than that I'm clueless as I'm not using EBS anymore

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2018
    Yes, it is. I'm thinking it has something to do with the x/y value of the background's location, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. On another note, as far as my dissappearing trainer goes, I've found what should be the trainer sprite callout thing. Anyone have any idea on what might be wrong? It should be trback000.png in the characters folder under graphics, right?
    Line 363 in PSystem_FileUtilities
    def pbPlayerSpriteBackFile(type)
    return nil if !type
    outfit = ($Trainer) ? $Trainer.outfit : 0
    bitmapFileName = sprintf("Graphics/Characters/trback%s_%d",
    getConstantName(PBTrainers,type),outfit) rescue nil
    if !pbResolveBitmap(bitmapFileName)
    bitmapFileName = sprintf("Graphics/Characters/trback%03d_%d",type,outfit)
    if !pbResolveBitmap(bitmapFileName)
    bitmapFileName = pbTrainerSpriteBackFile(type)
    end
    end
    return bitmapFileName
    end
    and line 239 in EliteBattle_Scene
    @traineryoffset=(VIEWPORT_HEIGHT-320) # Adjust player's side for screen size
    @foeyoffset=(@traineryoffset*3/4).floor # Adjust foe's side for screen size
    pbBackdrop
    if @battle.player.is_a?(Array)
    trainerfile=pbPlayerSpriteBackFile(@battle.player[0].trainertype)
    pbAddSprite("player",0,0,trainerfile,@viewport)
    trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteBackFile(@battle.player[1].trainertype)
    pbAddSprite("playerB",0,0,trainerfile,@viewport)
    else
    trainerfile=pbPlayerSpriteBackFile(@battle.player.trainertype)
    pbAddSprite("player",0,0,trainerfile,@viewport)
    end
    @sprites["player"].x=140
    @sprites["player"].y=VIEWPORT_HEIGHT-@sprites["player"].bitmap.height
    @sprites["player"].z=30
    @sprites["player"].opacity=0
    @sprites["player"].src_rect.set(0,0,@sprites["player"].bitmap.width/4,@sprites["player"].bitmap.height)
    if @sprites["playerB"]
    @sprites["playerB"].x=140
    @sprites["playerB"].y=VIEWPORT_HEIGHT-@sprites["playerB"].bitmap.height
    @sprites["playerB"].z=30
    @sprites["playerB"].opacity=0
    @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.set(0,0,@sprites["playerB"].bitmap.width/4,@sprites["playerB"].bitmap.height)
    end

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2018
    So I discovered something strange. When I switched the image I was using for trback000 over to trback001, and played as the female character, the image loaded just fine and it displayed the trainer throwing in the pokeball. But when I switched the character back over to male and set it back to trback000, it no longer worked. Anyone know why this might be?

Back