• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Dubbed] Season 22: Ultra Legends

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Seeing as Season 22 of the English Dub is slated to start a week from tomorrow, I figure I'd start a thread about it for discussion in addition to updates on when Episodes are to be aired. Season 22 will start with Episode 93 on March 23rd and air one Episode per day until March 30th and Episode 100. These Episodes will include:

Spoiler:

There will be a week break before they resume a 1 Episode/week pattern with Episode 101 on April 13th.

Spoiler:

Added spoilers out of respect for those who haven't seen the Episodes yet with Subs.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
The one episode per week pace should've been implemented from the beginning instead of Disney XD rushing through the saga at the start and having to take several breaks when the dub gets too close to the Jpn version. But better late than never.

I don't buy the getting too close to Japan Version argument because the earliest Disney has aired an English Dub Episode after it originally aired was 72 days(SuMo42). That's excluding Episodes 1 and 2 that were shown as a sneak peak 18 days after they were shown in Japan. During Season 20, they ranged from 72 to 170 days behind the Japanese version(170 being Episode 3...). Season 21 was a bit better ranging from 132 to 170 days between airings(170 being Episode 44). Then Disney opted to go on a break before airing Season 23 from which they'll get down to 111 days by Episode 103 between its original airing and the English Dub. For reference, 93 Dub will air 153 days later or nearly 5 months!

The only conclusion one can gather from this is that Season 20 was aired too quickly or Season 21 dragged on longer than it should have and that's despite not even airing Episode 64. Needless to say that it'll take the English Dub well into July just to air everything that has been announced or aired already in Japanese Dub.

Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So I got home late and watched Episode 102 on demand and... I got the same feeling when watching the Subbed variant. So much opportunity for Misty and Lana wasted as I see it. Brock's time to shine is next week so let's see if there are any noticeable differences.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
SuMo 105 aired this past Saturday but the Dub is going on a two week hiatus. SuMo 106 won't air until June 1st, pushing the time between Japanese and English release to 125 days. SuMo 106-110 have been announced for the month of June and assuming there are no further breaks, it will take the English Dub all the way into September just to air everything that has aired in Japan. For what has been announced, we're easily into October for the English Dub. Seeing as I have no idea as to how many Episodes we have left to go, we could easily go into 2020 with the SuMo Anime with respect to the English Dub.

Assuming we get 140 Episodes(and no breaks), Japanese Dub would go until September 22nd. Odds are we will get more than 140 Episodes and they'll sprinkle in 2-3 breaks, leading us into November like with XYZ. I estimate 144 Episodes with three breaks. That would peg SuMo to end on November 10th with the new Galar Anime starting up that following week or whenever they opt to start. Based on that estimate, the English Dub would last, at minimum, into February of 2020. That is assuming no breaks or marathons to burn off Episodes. Suffice to say we have a long way to go before SuMo is over.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Don't forget with the way Disney XD is they may end up changing the day it airs to weekdays like they did last year with the BS excuse of 'Summer because kids are off and can watch it whenever they want'

Yeah... no. Enough with the BS, don't mess with when it airs, and just leave it on weekends. There is no reason whatsoever to air it on weekdays again. I don't care what the 'excuse' is.

😠

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Don't forget with the way Disney XD is they may end up changing the day it airs to weekdays like they did last year with the BS excuse of 'Summer because kids are off and can watch it whenever they want'

Yeah... no. Enough with the BS, don't mess with when it airs, and just leave it on weekends. There is no reason whatsoever to air it on weekdays again. I don't care what the 'excuse' is.

😠

Based on a source that I've been using for awhile now, I don't see Disney changing its day and air time for the Summer. I'd have to dig into PC Archives/History to find out when they did it last year(eh its been awhile) but I think they realized they made a mistake and won't change Saturday Mornings. They basically have an Anime block on Saturdays now so moving Pokemon to another day entirely doesn't make sense.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Based on a source that I've been using for awhile now, I don't see Disney changing its day and air time for the Summer. I'd have to dig into PC Archives/History to find out when they did it last year(eh its been awhile) but I think they realized they made a mistake and won't change Saturday Mornings. They basically have an Anime block on Saturdays now so moving Pokemon to another day entirely doesn't make sense.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Just so you know though, Wikipedia is stating that after the new episode on June 1st there's another one week break and then there's going to be another annoying 'week' of new episodes starting on June 14th until June 18th. Of course the Wikipedia dates seem to be all over the place and yes, I already know that Wikipedia can't be trust due to it being able to be edited by anyone, I'm just stating what Wikipedia is stating.

remer

The Warrior
Years
We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Just so you know though, Wikipedia is stating that after the new episode on June 1st there's another one week break and then there's going to be another annoying 'week' of new episodes starting on June 14th until June 18th. Of course the Wikipedia dates seem to be all over the place and yes, I already know that Wikipedia can't be trust due to it being able to be edited by anyone, I'm just stating what Wikipedia is stating.
Huh, Bulbapedia doesn't show anything like that.It only shows a break between May 11 and June 1,not any other breaks in June.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
One week to go before Episodes resume. Star vs. the Forces of Evil was having a marathon of sorts this weekend seeing as the series ended last week on Disney but the finale was airing on Disney XD this weekend. Phineas&Ferb and other shows like Ducktales also got considerable air time over the past couple of weeks while Pokemon was on break. Next Episode is the debut of Lana's Brionne and Sophocles getting Vikavolt. Really look forward to Mallow's Episode or 108 in 3 weeks.

Back