• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Style Feedback: Where'd the X/Y Version of Chromatic Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
  • A while back (maybe it was during the period of time leading up to the release of X and Y?) there was either a new version of or an update to the Chromatic theme that featured Generation VI's playable female character standing next to some random Pokémon (I can't remember what it was; sorry!) in its header. Does anybody know where it went? It seems to have disappeared…

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Chromatic was released way back in April of 2012, at this point I don't believe we had any official character art of the X&Y protagonists. However you may be confusing this with the inclusion of the B&W protagonists (and rival) in the header, as seen below:
    Spoiler:

If that's the case, then must have switched to "Reduced Mode" or "Special", under the "Forum Style display mode" in "Edit Options". If that's the case you can change it to "Fluid Width" to get the outcome I put in the spoiler tag above, or choose "Fixed Width" to have this outcome (which is a smaller width table).

For reference, that option can be found in the location I will show below, in your "Edit Options" section via your User CP:
    Spoiler:

Hopefully that helps, however there's the chance I could be wrong on that! Please let us know if you're referring to something other than this, and we'll be happy to help!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    It was just a different image that was used on Chromatic remotely (with the same URL). I uploaded the original back a little while after, when people complained. I've been thinking about updating it back, but I don't have the Serena image that I used and I really liked that. :/

Maybe its somewhere deep in my hard drive. I'll look and maybe replace the Black 2/White 2 with that if I can find it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • It was just a different image that was used on Chromatic remotely (with the same URL). I uploaded the original back a little while after, when people complained. I've been thinking about updating it back, but I don't have the Serena image that I used and I really liked that. :/

Maybe its somewhere deep in my hard drive. I'll look and maybe replace the Black 2/White 2 with that if I can find it.

You can also make a version for X and Y for people who want to keep using the Black 2/White 2 version. Personally I like the style with Black 2 and White 2 character cause I always thought the word Chromatic really fits the them of those games. Just a suggestion.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I thought about that, but I would prefer not making a duplicate style with a single edit.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Nick if you'd like me to replace any images for you, let me know. I can always add in an X&Y version either as an option (instead of Special?) or make a sub-style under Chromatic. If people like the X&Y version, I don't see any harm in adding it at all. I would just post up the addition in the Small Updates & Changes thread. I'd be happy to do that for you guys, if you're interested!

However it's going to be a case where we'll have to upload your header to the server anyway, and any other images you're hotlinking. Just in case those image links ever go down in the future. Once we do that, it shouldn't be much of an issue if you wish to change any images, just ask one of the Admins or myself :]

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • It was just a different image that was used on Chromatic remotely (with the same URL). I uploaded the original back a little while after, when people complained. I've been thinking about updating it back, but I don't have the Serena image that I used and I really liked that. :/

Aha! I swore that I remembered something like that happening to Chromatic for a little bit! I really liked it and hope that you put it back up.

Nick if you'd like me to replace any images for you, let me know. I can always add in an X&Y version either as an option (instead of Special?) or make a sub-style under Chromatic. If people like the X&Y version, I don't see any harm in adding it at all. I would just post up the addition in the Small Updates & Changes thread. I'd be happy to do that for you guys, if you're interested!

That would be awesome! Thank you so very much, stranger! I look forward to seeing it go live, so let me know here, too, as soon as it does (I've subscribed to this thread.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    AHHHHHH!

Excuse me. I'm a little shocked that they have actual results for "pokecommunity chromatic" when I'm searching.

But they don't have the image I'm looking for, and I forget where I found the original. :(

EDIT: I FOUND THE ORIGINAL IMAGE

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Okay I have it all done, but do you guys want Yveltal or Fennekin to replace the Male/Female Black2/White2 protagonist?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Sometimes people never get around to finishing these things, or decide not to. Or do finish them but later than planned. If it happens it happens and if it doesn't, it... doesn't. No need to rush people about it.

This thread's several months old now and we have a one-month revival limit, so I'll close it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back