• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Retrieved firered (version 0.951)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I managed to beat the Pokemon League rematch teams. I didn't replace Electiger, I added Alakazam, grinded it up to the low 80s, EV trained it. Everyone got involved and had key KOs. I guess the MVP would be PluXXX, because of Moxie and how it took out the Champion. I'm exhausted from all these attempts that I didn't feel happy with the final victory. I should, there's some pride to be taken because I went into the Champion rematch with 5 of my 6. I ran out of revives and couldn't revive Bomseel, who definitely would've done some damage.

I'm convinced now that the difficulty of this hack, especially from the first Pokemon League all the way to the end, leaves much more of an impact than the presence of these scrapped mons. Even though I had 3 of those scrapped mons in my team. Anyway, frustrating towards the end, but it's a great hack overall.

lsR9101.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 7, 2020
Is there a way to reduce gained EV? Set battle style made it hard to reduce gaining unwanted EV in trainer battle

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 26, 2021
I dont think so. I will see that i can rearrange encounters in Version 1.0 in such a way, that there are Ev Training Areas already at the start or atleast middle of the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Having fun playing this. I was thinking for the scrapped Pokemon icons you might be able to use the Generation II and or Gen I menu sprites since they're used for groups of multiple pokemon, those icons were used for them, and they don't stick out as much as the gen 3 icons of the pokemon they replaced. It was also done in "Ultra FireRed XD" for a few of the scrapped mons it included.

I wasn't able to find the individual animated sprites but

here they all are animated but idk if it's of any use
https://beedrill-queen.tumblr.com/post/140966496323/knives-on-static-8-bit-pokemon-1st-2nd-gen

And here's a spriter's resource sheet of them
https://www.spriters-resource.com/game_boy_gbc/pokemoncrystal/sheet/9216/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 26, 2021
I actually thougth about giving the beta Pokemon the gen2 icons, but decided to not do it since i thought the time spent on implementing them wasnt worth the result, since i thought those gen2 icons would look weird next to gen 3 icons.
Great to hear that you have nevertheless fun playing the hack!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
Sorta wish the GSC beta guys had their own custom icons, but I get that would've taken way too long to successfully implement.

Back