• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] "SyntaxError occured while running script" in all my projects

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2020
    I have been working on my game for about 2 hours, solely mapping. Haven't done anything with events or scripts at all today. But when I wanted to try and test out the game, an error message "SyntaxError occured while running script" popped up after it finished processing the PBS files. I've been unable to figure out what the problem is as no details are given. I tried to run to run another Essentials based game (Pokemon Summit Trials, by Thundaga) that I still had on my PC but it gave the same error eventhough I haven't touched that game in months. For some reason it does sometimes get past this error, stay on a black screen for about 10 seconsd and then goes to the main menu screen as normal.
    So far I haven't found a repeatable method to make this happen. When it did get past the error one time, I closed the game and immediately reopened without doing anything else and suddenly the error was back again. Non-Essentials RMXP games work fine btw.

If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it as I don't know what to try anymore.

-------
    Edit: After a few more attempts I managed to get to the menu again and tried starting a new game, upon pressing new game however, the following error popped up:

Exception: NoMethodError
    PField_Field:1649
    PField_Field:1642:in `call'
    Event:54:in `trigger'
    Event:49:in `each'
    Event:49:in `trigger'
    PField_MapFactory:198:in `setMapChanging'
    PField_MapFactory:175:in `setup'
    Scene_Map:236:in `follow_transfer'
    Following PKMN:1702:in `transfer_player'
    Scene_Map:110:in `follow_update'

------
    Again, if anyone can figure this out, I'd be extremely grateful.

Last edited:
    Back