• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokemon Luminous Light

[ANT1-H3R0]

Final Boss
Years
  • Hello, my name is Amnesha or [ANT1-H3R0], and I'm here to talk your ear off about my fan game idea!

The region is based on Italy, and right now it is called Vitali (subject to change).
    The professor is Professor Aristotele Hawthorn, who studies Pokemon types and mythology.
    The player will be able to customize their trainer in the beginning of the game, I'm not sure how to do this yet, but I'll make it happen!
    Player will be able choose between male, female, and nonbinary pronouns.
    There will be at least 100 new Pokemon.
    There are two rivals. One is a mellow and friendly girl who loves cats and hangs out in cat cafes. The other is a hot-headed and emotional dude who secretly admires the protagonist. He picks the starter that is strong against yours.

Speaking of starters, they are as follows:

Grass:
    The grass-type starter is a goat based on the alpine ibex. The males will have larger horns, and the horns will have flowers and vines hanging off. The final evolution looks mossy and has flowers on it's fur. It will have an ability that will change it's appearance and typing when it uses an ice-type move. It will appear icy and white, with icicles hanging from it's horns. It will change back into a grass-type when it uses a grass-type move.

Water:
    The water-type is a seal based on the mediterranean monk seal. It will become water/psychic type and learn moves like calm mind, stored power, reflect and light screen. It will have an ability that, if it would flinch, it will instead boost both defensive stats. So it's a good counter to fake out and that one scummy Togekiss set.

Fire:
    The fire-type starter is a salamander based on the speckled salamander. It will become a fire/ghost type and it's final evolution will float and have a blue lantern. It is inspired by the will-o-wisp, and will have an ability that makes it have stab with water moves, and water moves will be neutral against it. It is my favorite one so far.

The evil team is essentially a cult that consists of people who were corrupted by an ancient evil. The evil is a legendary Pokemon, that you have to defeat.
    There are seven new types that Professor Hawthorn discovered, and they are as follows:

Light: A rare and elusive type, there will not be many Pokemon of this type. It represents mostly light in the sense of holiness and purity. This type plays a significant role in the story. There will be an eeveelution of this type called Phosphoreon.

Cosmic: Basically alien/space type. Pokemon like Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Elgyem, Beheeyem, Minior, etc... Will all become this type. There will be an eeveelution of this type called Nebuleon.

Chrono: Time type basically. Dialga, Hoothoot, Noctowl and more will all become this type.

Tech: This type is for man-made or cybernetically enhanced Pokemon like Porygon-Z, Genesect, etc...

Mutant: Pokemon like Mewtwo and Type:Null will get this typing.

Magic: This type is for Pokemon that are especially magical, like Braixen, Delphox, Mismagius, etc... There will be an eevelution of this type called Magiceon.

Void: Basically the eldritch abomination cthulhu type.There will be an eeveelution of this type called Abysseon.

The evil Pokemon that the cult worships is void/dark type.

I have come up with a few mechanics,some of which are as follows:

A battle facility where the trainers are actually really hard, and some cool rewards in store if you win. These trainers will have fully competitive teams with actual strategies. There will be singles, doubles, and other kinds of battles. I would like to come up with a unique one.

There is another Pokemon professor named Professor Enzo Hemlock who studies rare Pokemon like legendaries, mythicals, and most importantly, ultra beasts. He has built a machine that simulates battles with legendary and mythical Pokemon, and it's basically like another battle facility. In the post-game he will have you go into ultra space using the machine he created to open a gate there and do research for him. Bringing him back ultra beasts will grant rewards.

There will be an online PSS system with trades and battles. Dunno how I'm gonna do this but I'm gonna work hard at it.

And finally, the player will be able to visit Kalos in the post-game. I would probably finish the game first, post it, and then update the game when Kalos is done being made. You will get there via train.

Hope you like the idea! I'm currently working on a rough draft of the map of the region right now as I am typing this, so I'm making progress little by little to my dream. Thanks for reading! :)

Years
  • Hi Amnesha! First off,Welcome to the Pokecommunity :)
    I want to suggest you few things that are always told to beginners in this kind of topics.
    First thing: start small.
    You want to make a game that is too huge from the development point of view. The risk? You will end up giving up on your own project after few months.
    For example: adding 100+ new pokemon is very time consuming and the quality of the game probably decreases since you need to be (or have in the team) a very good spriter and a lot of creativity to make something that might interest people.
    I suggest you to start with the standard Pokedex, and as you proceed in developing a lot your game, add few fakemon (OR regional variants) that you would like to have in a particular map.

Second: features make the game interesting only if the game is interesting even without them. Focus on the basics!
    This point may hurt someone's heart, but that's basically true. You listed few features that almost no one in the community is able to code properly. Don't focus too much on new features when you don't know how to work in a good way with features already included in the Essential starter pack. You can't even imagine how many things have been already implemented and how these can be enough to make the game special in a unique way. I am working on my project for almost 2 years and there is always something cool (already implemented by Maruno <3 ) that I am discovering only now.

Third: it will take time. A mukload of time. Use it as an adavantage.
    What do I mean? Don't be stubborn on your first idea/draft. Be open to change it as time passes (and change it in better) because you (also by yourself only) will come up with better ideas and feel like your first draft was 'Meh'.

Fourth: Be sure to be the best team member of your development team.
    Since it is Your game, you will pass on it way more time than any other possibile team member. And it is fine as it is. To be able to ask for help and be listened, sometimes you have to have in your hands something tangible that proves your abilities in game development. So, I suggest you to work on your project alone for a while.

Okay, I think I said all the "magic laws" for the beginners.
    Now, reading your plot, I must admit that the game seems a bit too generic. But I don't want you to surrender on it. As I said on point 3, if you are open minded to changes, you will have a whole new plot in the next 3-4 months.
    Good luck with your game, and I hope you will learn a lot in this long journey that awaits you :)

[ANT1-H3R0]

Final Boss
    Years
  • Hi Amnesha! First off,Welcome to the Pokecommunity :)
    I want to suggest you few things that are always told to beginners in this kind of topics.
    First thing: start small.
    You want to make a game that is too huge from the development point of view. The risk? You will end up giving up on your own project after few months.
    For example: adding 100+ new pokemon is very time consuming and the quality of the game probably decreases since you need to be (or have in the team) a very good spriter and a lot of creativity to make something that might interest people.
    I suggest you to start with the standard Pokedex, and as you proceed in developing a lot your game, add few fakemon (OR regional variants) that you would like to have in a particular map.

Second: features make the game interesting only if the game is interesting even without them. Focus on the basics!
    This point may hurt someone's heart, but that's basically true. You listed few features that almost no one in the community is able to code properly. Don't focus too much on new features when you don't know how to work in a good way with features already included in the Essential starter pack. You can't even imagine how many things have been already implemented and how these can be enough to make the game special in a unique way. I am working on my project for almost 2 years and there is always something cool (already implemented by Maruno <3 ) that I am discovering only now.

Third: it will take time. A mukload of time. Use it as an adavantage.
    What do I mean? Don't be stubborn on your first idea/draft. Be open to change it as time passes (and change it in better) because you (also by yourself only) will come up with better ideas and feel like your first draft was 'Meh'.

Fourth: Be sure to be the best team member of your development team.
    Since it is Your game, you will pass on it way more time than any other possibile team member. And it is fine as it is. To be able to ask for help and be listened, sometimes you have to have in your hands something tangible that proves your abilities in game development. So, I suggest you to work on your project alone for a while.

Okay, I think I said all the "magic laws" for the beginners.
    Now, reading your plot, I must admit that the game seems a bit too generic. But I don't want you to surrender on it. As I said on point 3, if you are open minded to changes, you will have a whole new plot in the next 3-4 months.
    Good luck with your game, and I hope you will learn a lot in this long journey that awaits you :)

Hello, and thanks for the feedback! This is not final, it's just a general idea of what I may decide to do. So it may end up changing drastically. I have accepted that this may take years to do, and I am fully prepared for this. This project has been something I've wanted to do since I was about 11 years old, and I've been working on ideas for it since then. And compared to the original idea I had, it is pretty much completely different.

I'm still thinking of ways to make the game as unique as possible. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks again!

WillMewlYou

Oh ho, So You Searched And Found Me
    Years
  • It seems like a good idea but some of your types are kind of just renaming I suppose
    Plus the two pokemon you mentioned for 'mutant' are conflicting with your tech type....Mewtwo and Type: Null are man made, clone and splices even the pokemon in your profile pic if you include the implication of the other worlds....and if I remember correctly porygon is a byproduct of chance and not made intentionally
    Mutant would more be Girmer, Muk and Wheezing I suppose, effects from the world causing drastic genetic change in their genetic make up into a unrecoverable form....
    Um Thats all i can think of right now tho its not a bad idea, it so open to how it will change and grow

Back