• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Spelling Challenge

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    This is a challenge I recently though of! This challenge is simple. You spell a noun or verb using the first letter of each of the Pokemon in your party. Here are the mode types and some rules!

You can play this in easy, hard, or hardcore mode.
    Easy: you can change the word and your Pokemon at any time, as long as it spells a valid word.
    Hard: You can change your Pokemon, but must stick to the original word you picked.
    Hardcore: You must keep the original word and Pokemon in your party. Because you can't change your Pokemon in this mode, you have extra time to decide. You start in Cerulean City.

1. You have to have at least three Pokemon in your party at all times.
    2. No small words such as "and , she , its , etc. As I stated, only nouns and verbs allowed.
    3. The challenge starts in Pewter City, except in Hardcore Mode (look below).
    4. The challenge is complete when you beat the main storyline in the game you are playing it in. i.e in Crystal version, when you beat the Johto Elite Four
    5. IMPORTANT: to prevent confusion, when your Pokemon evolves he can keep the same letter! In hardcore and hard modes, he must keep the same letter. In easy mode, if you decide to change his letter, you must make accommodations to keep the word valid. Eeveelutions must change the letter when they evolve.
    6. If your Pokemon requires a trade to evolve, you can evolve it by cheat no earlier than level 35, and you are only allowed to evolve Pokemon by cheating once!
    7. In order to give trainers more variety, you may cheat in two level 5 base Pokemon of your choice when you get to Pewter City (in hardcore mode, wait until Cerulean). The Pokemon have to be the earliest evolve form unless the Pokemon is a baby Pokemon. You do not have to use baby Pokemon, but you may if you do so desire.
    8. ALL OTHER STONES CAN NOT BE USED UNTIL LEVEL 25, BUT EEVEE'S MUST EVOLVE AT LEVEL 10. No stones can be used until level 25, excluding Eeveelutions! If you intend to evolve an Eevee, you must do it as soon as possible. The Eevee will be a placeholder for a letter until you evolve it. (i.e. if you intend it to be a Jolten, the Eevee's letter will be J)

***You are allowed to cheat to evolve an Eevee into an Espeon or Umbreon. This does not count as your one trade evolution! The Eevee must be forced to evolve at Level 10! Hack the necessary item in to the game, or directly hack the Umbreon/Espeon into the game at level 10!

Sign Up is easy! Post below with your name and which mode you wish to complete, as well as the game! When you pick or change your word, simply post a new sign up form below with the update! Here is my sign up, so you can get an idea of what format to use:

Name: OddStodd
    Mode: Hardcore
    Game: Fire Red
    Word: lament
    Poke: Larvitar, Abra, Magikarp, Eevee (to Espeon), Nidoran (m), Teddiursa

Pictures are encouraged, but not required! In all honesty, I am very interested to see what people come up with!

Also, if you would like to film this for a YouTube channel, let me know, cuz I may consider it as well.
    If you have any questions, just send me a PM. Have fun!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    The thread is open for discussion! Read the rules above for more info!

Name: OddStodd
    Game: Fire Red

Last edited by a moderator:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Name: OddStodd

So are you going to keep Larvitar, Magikarp and Teddiursa the same evolution?
    Cause if not, that'd change the name.

You also put that this can only be done in FR/LG. Why isn't this a universal challenge?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    5. IMPORTANT: to prevent confusion, when your Pokemon evolves he can keep the same letter! In hardcore and hard modes, he must keep the same letter. In easy mode, if you decide to change his letter, you must make accommodations to keep the word valid. Eeveelutions must change the letter when they evolve.

This rule explains the evolutions. as for the universal part, i'm not sure why i did it that way. i'll change it! thanks for the idea!

This rule explains the evolutions. as for the universal part, i'm not sure why i did it that way. i'll change it! thanks for the idea!
    I think the main reason I made it for only FR/LG was because I prefer the older generations though. That's what I would recommend playing the challenge with to maximize the challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Name: AoTora
    Mode: Easy
    Game: FireRed
    Word: Random
    Poke: Raichu, Aerodactyl, Nidoqueen, Dragonite, Omastar, Magneton.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Username: Feraligatr13
    Mode: Hard
    Game: LeafGreen
    Word: gentle
    Pokemon: Gengar, Eevee (Espeon), Nidoqueen, Typhlosion, Ludicolo, Electrode

Back