• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen So Pokemon Red came out when I was 4 years old...

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2017
    You read the title! Yep... 4...
    So, I've just got myself a microcade, which is a system made in Australia independently that has 15,000 arcade games on it, include all the original nintendo and gameboy games. Sooo... I'm going to be playing the hell out of Pokemon Red again. Help me jog my memory? Tips for a completionist??

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • You read the title! Yep... 4...
    So, I've just got myself a microcade, which is a system made in Australia independently that has 15,000 arcade games on it, include all the original nintendo and gameboy games. Sooo... I'm going to be playing the hell out of Pokemon Red again. Help me jog my memory? Tips for a completionist??

Learn the Ditto Glitch or Missingno Glitch if you hope to complete your Pokedex without Trading. If you're going with Charmander first, better have a counter for Brock(Butterfree), Misty(Oddish/Bellsprout) and other Gym Leaders that will pound your Fire starter hard. This isn't Fire Red/Leaf Green where you have Metal Claw, hence the tip. Other starters have an easier time against the early Gym Leaders, although Misty's Bubblebeam still stings.

Years
  • Another great thing you might want to know about is the Mew glitch. You can obtain the otherwise never appearing mew with this glitch! (2 trainers near Cerulean City are necessary to execute this glitch.)

Back