• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Screw you I have Sturdy

Vragon

Gen 5 had some great abilities and fixed some that kinda needed it (hence the bad sturdy ability joke)
So what abilities do you like the best and why do you value them so highly?

Mine is the before mentioned Sturdy Ability. An ability that now has some use and is basically the incarnation of a focus sash taking the item slot's warranty. It's also a generic ability found on many Rock Type mons making battling them not so simple as Aura Sphere, Energy Ball or Scald.

While battling against AI's that have sturdy mons can be annoying, I'm glad GameFreak took a look at improving this ability and well it has shown a great amount of usefulness (if not just for the sheer effect of a plausible 2nd term almost handed down to you and your Pokémon).

Feel free to elaborate or just say it cause you like it for [X] reason.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Magic bounce is handy with annoying status moves, and I love how they gave new abilities to older pokemon too, unlike later gens where the new pokemon only receive it.

Years
Definitely introducing multiscale as Dragonite's hidden ability.

Much though I love Milotic it is actually Dragonite who is my favorite Pokemon. I have been playing pokemon since gen 1 and Dragonite was the main source of my team's power in Kanto and Johto, and I have kept up with my tradition. Ice was beginning to spoil some my fun though. Multiscale levelled the playing field again, allowing Dragonite at full health to take of fraction of the damage he would otherwise. Dragons are noble, powerful magical creatures. Its not for any random normal or fighting type Pokemon who can learn ice punch to dishonor them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Not gonna lie I loved the way Sturdy was mentioned in the game. Pure perfection.

I just loved the whole Dream World Ability thing... then it became Hidden Ability but w/e. I thought it was super cool that Gen 5 just elevated the game. Dragonite is defo a good one, Contrary to Shuckle, Lugia & Ho-oh, ...

...and Blaziken OF COURSE. Swampert was pretty cool too. Breloom... uhhh. Sableye, Prankster just ruined things for everyone else lmao. Volbeat was good too, Tail Glow broken af. Zangoose finally had some use ummm... hm. Riolu was great for making people angry. Prankster got annoying with Riolu tbh.

As for Gen 5 mons exclusively:
Alomomola and Amoonguss. Absolutely the best possible ability and strategy you could ever imagine... for lower tiers lol. Cinccino was awesome too. Legit there was SO many cool ability changes I loved it. I love Unova.

Back