• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Multiple PCs and limiting party number

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2022
    I've been toying with the idea of having the player enter a dream sequence where s/he can catch all of the legendary event Pokemon--Mew, Celebi, Deoxes, etc as well as maybe glitch Pokemon like Missingno. The problem, though, is I don't want these Pokemon to transfer to the normal PC. I only want these Pokemon to be available in the dream world, so I need a separate PC.

I also want a graduated system where the player can unlock the number of Pokemon they are allowed to keep in their party (like with abilities outside of battle and badges in mainstream games). Stage 1--the player is only allowed to have one Pokemon in their party, stage 2--2, stage 3- 3, and so on until they reach six.

I also wanted to force the player to start over with team building in each new region, so I don't want Pokemon from one region's PC to be accessible in another's.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    PC storage is a variable ($PokemonStorage), so that should be simple enough to do.

Limiting the size might be a little more tricky, I would not be surprised to see a bunch of "6"s throughout the code. You probably want to look at the storage code for this too, IIRC the party is a subclass of storage.

I think that region PCs are built in to Essentials (there's a RegionalStorage class at any rate).

Back