• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald team help.

Wya77

Average Trainer
Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    So this is my 1st team I've EVER planned out before I started playing. And I would like some ratings/criticism/advice. I'm trying to give every pokemon a diverse moveset so they can fight opponents they wouldn't normally fight.

Blaziken
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Blaze Kick
    -Rock Slide
    -Fire Blast

Pelipper
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Fly
    -

Cacturne
    -Faint Attack
    -Needle Arm
    -Leech Seed
    -

Manectric
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder Wave
    -Bite
    -

Flygon
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw
    -Crunch
    -

Some spaces are empty because I didn't know what I should put yet. I know I don't get some of these until later, but I'll just use other pokemon until I get them.

Note: I do have one empty pokemon space but these cover every type except dark.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Blaziken
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Flamethrower
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake/Aerial Ace
    Flamethrower's 95 base power plus 100% accuracy makes it much more reliable than Blaze Kick. Also, when trying to have as much variance as possible, don't repeat the same type of offensive move if you can help it.

Pelipper
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Fly
    -Shock Wave
    If you're trying to cover various types, you can't go wrong there.

Cacturne
    -Faint Attack
    -Needle Arm
    -Leech Seed
    -Toxic
    Cacturne's types of moves available are limited, but he is still a good Pokemon to have. When all else fails, you can't go wrong with Toxic.

Manectric
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder Wave
    -Bite
    -Return
    Another tough one due to a somewhat limited movepool (in gen 3, a lot are), but Return is good to have once you've attained high happiness.

Flygon
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw
    -Crunch
    -Iron Tail
    Again, this is good to have if you're trying to use as various types as possible.

My suggested moves are in red, with my comments in red italics.

Wya77

Average Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    Alright. And would an Aggron fit in good?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Actually, since you've covered the basic types that would be in a team I would build, I would recommend you use a Psychic-type or Ghost-type in your last slot. Specifically, I recommend Banette due to relatively balanced stats. As far as moves:

Psychic; Shadow Ball; Thunderbolt; Toxic

Wya77

Average Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    That will work. :) Thanks for your help.

Back