• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BW Tileset seemingly missing tiles?

Years
  • I'm designing a map and I can't for the life of me find the matching stair tiles for the stairs on the right of the image. I tried editing in photoshop, but the dimensions exceed 30k pixels so it will only save to a PSB or TIFF when I need a PNG file for the tiles to work right. I also tried an online converter, but it failed to convert because the file was too big. What should I do to fix this? Am I just blind and can't find it?

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
      Capture1.PNG
      16.6 KB · Views: 8
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Maybe try using GIMP instead of Photoshop? No idea if it will help, but if the pixel limit is artificial (i.e. coming from Photoshop instead of the PNG specification) then it might be able to cope with it. The other thing I can think of is splitting the tileset up into smaller sheets that are specific to the maps you want to make.

Hopefully one of those can point you in the right direction, but I must admit I don't actually know the first thing about mapping in RMXP!

Years
  • Maybe try using GIMP instead of Photoshop? No idea if it will help, but if the pixel limit is artificial (i.e. coming from Photoshop instead of the PNG specification) then it might be able to cope with it. The other thing I can think of is splitting the tileset up into smaller sheets that are specific to the maps you want to make.

Hopefully one of those can point you in the right direction, but I must admit I don't actually know the first thing about mapping in RMXP!
    I guess i'll try gimp. thank you kindly

Back