• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Random Idea: Pokemon in Super Mario

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    This was an idea I pitched on the game showcase thread, "free for all ideas", after I beat the Rainbow Rocket episode of Ultra Sun a while back, but its been haunting the recess' of my mind ever since. I decided to copy and paste my concept here for a serious discussion despite the possible logistics of the premise and the difficulty of assembling this idea into reality since I would like an honest opinion on it.

If a game is put into the planning phases, I will have to give all credit aside the initial idea to someone else as I lack any experience in making games. Though I could do something regarding a storyline, as I do have a lot of information with regards to the world of super Mario bros. itself which could be useful for whoever decides to take this idea and bring it to life. Aside that I wont be of much use on anything, so I give creative control to whoever picks this up if anyone does.

[heres the copied section]

--------------------------

This came to mind I think due to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's Rainbow Rocket postgame arc. This leads to more of an exploration-oriented story but one that leads to ridding Mario world of the evil Team Rainbow Rocket as Giovanii would have fled for this world following his failure in Alola. The logic being that Giovanii in the game stated "what other worlds are there for me to conquer" or something to that effect. After the arrival of Rainbow Rocket, the people of Mario's world have to deal with the reprecussions of Pokemon living among them in addition to the usual mushroom kingdom enemies. As such I see the flow of the game sorta being a reverse of the standard fare. The classic 8 badge gym run would be the post game in this concept while what one would think of as an extensive post-game is the main story.

Other features to the game would be;

1: using the Warp Zone to travel to places you've already been as opposed to using Fly, though Fly can still be an option (it wont be an HM due to the pipe system)

2: Visiting other regions typically depicted as part of the greater Mario universe such as Dinosaur Land/Yoshi's Island, DK Island or other rareware locations like Banjo-Kazooie's Isle o' Hags.

3: NPCs would include most friendly characters as well as enemies ranging from some of the partner characters from the first two paper mario games and of course encounters with Bowser himself (who will be the occasional annoyance rather than main villain).

4: Standard mario enemies act like pokemon and can in fact battle you themselves, but cannot be captured since they are in fact people in the world of Mario after all. Since some enemies in Mario games are so big and nasty using pokemon on them would make a lot of sense to do while others would be just hilarious to see get wiped out with a Magikarp.

-----------------------------

That was all I initially came up with, I might think up more if someone were to seriously consider taking this project up. As I said before the best I can do is write out a story so if anyone feels like collaborating with me on this I hope it isn't too much of a problem. Even if this idea isn't picked up I wanted to at least drop it here since its been bugging me since it originally was mentioned on the free for all ideas board. I really think this could be a cool idea but I dunno if its remotely possible due to the premise.

Back