• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Script Not Working

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 24, 2019
I have tried changing this script in many ways; however, every time, the game freezes upon activation. If you have any ideas to help me fix it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Script:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x201
if 0x0 goto @movement
end

#org @movement
lock
applymovement 0x6 @m1
waitmovement 0x6
msgbox @t1 0x6
waitkeypress
goto @continue

#org @continue
msgbox @t2 0x6
showpokepic 0x392 0x0A 0x03
waitkeypress
hidepokepic
givepokemon 0x392 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x828
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @t2 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @t3 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 call @name
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x06
fadescreen 0x0
setvar 0x4011 0x1
setflag 0x201
release
end

#org @m1
#raw 0x6
#raw 0x29
#raw 0x2C
#raw 0x29
#raw 0x29
#raw 0x2C
#raw 0x2C
#raw 0x2C
#raw 0x2C
#raw 0x29
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @name
countpokemon
subvar 0x800D 0x1
copyvar 0x8004 0x800D
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

#org @t1
= [blue_fr]WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!!!

#org @t4
= [blue_fr]It is dangerous out there without\la Pok\h1Bmon! Good thing I have an\lextra to spare. Here take this\l[red_fr]Ralts[blue_fr].

#org @t2
= [blue_fr][player] recieved a [red_fr]Ralts[blue_fr]!

#org @t3
= [blue_fr]Would you like to name that\n[red_fr]Ralts[blue_fr]?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Since this appears to be a tile script and you're experiencing freezing issues, make sure your script tile has a 'Var number' attached. As for the script itself, here are a few errors/ issues that I found:

Spoiler:

While the above script should work for what you want to do right now, you should consider running the script based upon a variable rather than a flag. Tile scripts that check for flags instead of variables have issues such as interrupting the town/ route name in the top-left corner if they're near the entrance of a map and grinding the player's speed down to zero (this is very noticeable when you're at full speed on a bike). You'll avoid those glitches and even be able to remove the '@start' segment of your script, saving you more space. Check out this thread if you want to learn more about how to have scripts activate based upon a variable~

Back