• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team recovery

ColdMiner

Magister insanus
Years
  • I was recently asked by my younger sibling to help prep for the E4. The problem is, until recently he had only core-trained his Blaziken (Which is a level 63). I caught and raised a few others, but this is how it stands:
    Blaziken L63 (Sky uppercut, Slash, Strength, Blaze kick)
    Cacturne L36 (Giga drain, Spikes, Faint attack, Ingrain)
    Banette L37 (Curse, Thunderbolt, Will-o-wisp, Faint attack)
    Flygon L46 (Crunch, Dragonbreath, Fly, Earthquake)
    Claydol L36 (Mud-slap, Psychic, Hyper beam, Ancientpower)
    Starmie L26 (Rapid spin, Recover, Camouflage, Swift)
    Breloom L26 (Mega drain, Headbutt, Mach punch, Leech seed)
    Whiscash L32 (Earthquake, Rock smash, Surf, Dive)
    Masquerain L26 (Quick attack, Sweet scent, Gust, Bubblebeam)
    Spheal L30 (Encore, Ice ball, Body slam, Aurora Beam)

So basically, which pokemon would be used for the Elite Four, what goal levels, and any other pokemon suggestions that might aid in the battle.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • From what you've given us, this is the best team that I can come up with.

Team recovery

Blaziken L63 (Sky Uppercut, Rock Tomb, Aerial Ace, Blaze Kick)

This is obviously the ace of the team. Sky Uppercut can easily OHKO either Sydney's (first E4 member) Dark Team or Glacia's Ice Team (third E4 member). Blaze Kick can also easily OHKO Glacia's Glalies as well. Both of these moves also work well against Steven if he's the Champion (if you are either playing Ruby or Sapphire).

You should replace Slash and Strength with Rock Tomb and Aerial Ace (teach via TM) for type coverage. These moves would be particularly helpful if you are playing Emerald and Wallace is the Champion. Aerial Ace for Ludicolo and Rock Tomb for Gyarados.

This should be the first one upfront when your brother faces this first Elite 4 member.

Team recovery

Flygon L55 (Crunch, Dragon Claw, Fly, Earthquake)

A good, solid Pokemon to use.

Crunch can help against Elite 4 Phoebe (second E4 member) and her Ghost types.
    Similarly, STAB Dragon Claw can help against Drake (last member before Champion).
    Fly and Stab Earthquake are good for type coverage. Earthquake especially if the Champion is Steven. If the Champion is Wallace, Earthquake is particularly useful against Tentacruel.

Team recovery

Breloom L55 (Toxic, Bulk Up, Mach Punch, Leech Seed) or (Sunny Day, Bulk Up, Mach Punch, Solar Beam)

Teach Bulk Up and Toxic to Breloom.

Bulk up raises its Attack and Defense stats by one stage each type its used and with Mach Punch's priority, this combo can be quite useful against either Sydney or Glacia.

Since 3 of Glacia's 5 Pokemon are all half Water types, your brother can use the Leech Seed/ Toxic combo to whittle away at her team's health while you regain any health lost.

If Wallace is the Champion though (if you're playing Emerald), the I would suggest teaching the Breloom the Sunny Day/ Solar Beam Combo. It would weaken water type moves and OHKO his pure water and Water/ Ground types with an instant Solarbeam.

Team recovery

Whiscash L55 (Earthquake, Ice Beam, Surf, Waterfall)

Decent Pokemon.

STAB Earthquake useful against Steven's Steel and Rock Types or Wallace's Tentacruel. Ice Beam can be useful to combat all of Drake's Dragon Types. Surf and Walterfall are Powerful STAB moves against any Pokemon either weak or neutral against Water types.

Team recovery

Walrein L55 (Hail, Blizzard, Body Slam, Rest)

Evolve Spheal to it's final stage. This is your brother's ace against Drake.

Hail/ Blizzard Combo easily take care of Drake's Dragon types (Blizzard 100% hit in the Hail), just make sure to use 3 PP Ups to maximize Blizzard's use. Rest for instant healing (use full Heal Awakening or make it hold a Chest Berry) and Boby Slam is a strong, netral move that has the secondary effect of causing paralysis.

Team recovery

Absol L55 (Double Team, Swords Dance, Shadow Ball, Slash)

Catch an Absol near Fortree City. This will be your brother's ace against Phoebe.

Teach it Shadow Ball and it learns the 3 other moves naturally.

Firstly, spam Double Team to increase evasion. Then, spam Sword Dance to maximize Absol's already ridiculously high attack stat. After that, keep spamming super effective Shadow Balls to take out her Ghost types.

Keep Blaziken where it's at level-wise, but train everyone else up to level 55. Not too over or under leveled.

If you need to learn anything more about each of these Pokemons' movesets or where to find certain TMs, you can look it up on Bulbapedia if you wish.

I hope this helps!!! :)

Last edited:

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • Wonderful, any held-item suggestions besides the Chesto berry for Walrein?

Check your Pokemon's stats and see what needs help.

Give Sitrus berries to the Pokemon you plan to use in a specific battle (only when you face the Elite 4). Persim berries to cure confusion, etc.

Give a Quick Claw to your slowest Pokemon or the Amulet Coin to the Pokemon you sweep with to get more money for healing items and such.

If you have stuff like the Miracle Seed, Charcoal, Mystic Water, Soft Sand, Blackglasses, etc, you can give them to the Pokemon who will benefit the most from holding them.

Blaziken- Charcoal
    Breloom- Miracle Seed
    Whiscash- Mystic Water
    Flygon- Soft Sand

That's all I can think of.

ColdMiner

Magister insanus
    Years
  • Okay, thats originally what I had set on my pokemon; type-boost held items.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I see a lot of people making still/animated small images of pokemon like you showed. Is there an in-forum code for each (I.E possibly a guide for all possible?) or is it external?

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • Also, on a completely unrelated note, I see a lot of people making still/animated small images of pokemon like you showed. Is there an in-forum code for each (I.E possibly a guide for all possible?) or is it external?

External, at least for me. During Gen 5, I got my sprites from here:

https://sprites.pokecheck.org/?gen=1&

However, if you want 3D sprites for X/Y or Gen 6, I just usually copy and paste images from the Kalos Pokedex on Serebii:

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/

Back