• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 1] Eeveelocke relay challenge

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Character name: Caelan
    Game(s): Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald
    Rules:
    1) If a Pok?mon faints except by its own move (i.e. Takedown's recoil or Explosion) or it is the first Eevee or it's evolved form that I obtain it is boxed.
    2) I may only use Eevee (first one is level 5 like a starter) or its evolutions (if need be I may use cheats to obtain said Eevee).
    3) Each time I defeat a gym leader or elite 4 member I can either revive a Pokemon previously boxed with a level equal to their lowest Pok?mon's level or hack in one of the Evolutionary stones.
    4) If all my Pokemon (except for the first Eevee) faint I must restart the game.
    5) Whenever I complete a game by defeating the champion I must start the next game with a level 5 Eevee who has the same moveset as the first Eevee I obtained did at the end of the previous game.
    6) If I find a shiny Pok?mon I may catch and box/trade it.
    8) I can only catch 1 Eevee per area unless those areas are split into smaller areas.
    7) All Eevee's must have a nickname. (optional)
    I will begin with Pok?mon Red and move forward. I will post an update periodically if I can.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Eeveelock Relay Challenge!

Red 0/8, Blue 0/8, Yellow 0/8, Silver 0/16, Gold 0/16, Crystal 0/16, Ruby 0/8, Sapphire 0/8, Emerald 0/8

Got Shock the Eevee from Prof. Oak and destroyed the rival's Bulbasaur. Then I proceeded to grind till level 8 on Route 1 before getting the package in the Viridian Poke-mart and delivering it to Prof. Oak who gave me the Pokedex. I then went and purchased 7 Pokeballs from the Viridian Poke-mart and captured Aquarian the level 4 Eevee who I trained till level 8 at which point I saved the game in front of the Viridian City sign.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Red 1/8, Blue 0/8, Yellow 0/8, Silver 0/16, Gold 0/16, Crystal 0/16, Ruby 0/8, Sapphire 0/8, Emerald 0/8

Alright! I went and battled the rival again and defeated his whole team with Aquarian. Then I went through Viridian forest and did some grinding for the Brock battle (WHO'S SMART IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE THE FIRST DAMN GYM A ROCK AND GROUND TYPE GYM?). Once Shock was level 14 and Aquarian was level 13 I went and battled the gym trainer and won without one Pokemon fainting though Sandshrew was annoying spamming its Sand-attack. Then cause I was seriously scared of the Brock battle I went and caught a level 5 Eevee in the grass area just before Pewter City. It was named Flare. I boxed it to train for later and to have a Pokemon in reserve in case Aquarian fainted. But it turns out I didn't need to cause I beat Brock without having any of my Pokemon faint. I have learned to love Sand-attack and the OPness of making your opponent unable to hit anything. Sand-attack is love, Sand-attack is LIFE! Now having scored by first gym badge I hacked in a Thunderstone as the rules state and evolved Shock into a Jolteon. (I do NOT suggest using cheat codes for Pokemon Red. It is a pain in the arse and now I have Thunderstones in my bag that I can't get rid of cause when I try the game crashes.) Now I just need to survive Mt. Hell Moon.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Red 1/8, Blue 0/8, Yellow 0/8, Silver 0/16, Gold 0/16, Crystal 0/16, Ruby 0/8, Sapphire 0/8, Emerald 0/8

And tragedy has struck. As I went through the route before Mt. Hell Moon I battled all the trainers but in the middle of the battle with the last one the screen went nuts and got discolored. Thinking nothing of it I finished the battle. When I finished the discoloration remained and completely screwed up the screen. I in all my stupidity decided saving the game and restarting might fix it... it didn't cause the screen wound up even more screwed up and discolored. Every time I tried to move the screen went completely black and the emulator crashed. Horrified I had to start a new game. Determined to not have to go through everything again I used some cheats to get back to where I was last. But cause I had to rebattle all the trainers again I decided to try to train Flare while doing it. But during a battle with a bug catcher it got poisoned and fainted from poison before I could get to the Pokecenter. Very sad I boxed it and went to catch another Eevee from Viridian forest who I named Blare. I then began to train Blare by grinding the rest of the way to Mt. Hell Moon where I walked through the gates to hell itself aaaand SCREW YOU ZUBAT I ONLY TOOK TWO STEPS!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Alright I traveled through Mt. Hell Moon without dying! Though I came close to it when I got to the last tunnel and fought the first Team Rocket Grunt. He only had a Raticate but it was a higher level than two of my Pokemon. Before I could even drop two Sand-attacks (seriously this move is hilariously good) it halved Blare's HP with a single Hyper Fang. Scared I might lose Blare I switched into Aquarian who was also under leveled but was closer to the Raticates level. I threw one more Sand-attack and then tackled the Raticate to death. The rest of the way it was easy going and I managed to level up decently. I picked the Dome fossil though I won't do anything with it and headed out of Mt. Hell Moon. I picked up the Mega Punch TM before getting to the city. To bad none of Eevee's evolutions can learn it in Gen 1. Once I reached the city I healed my team at the Pokecenter. Next I will go grind as much as I can to see if Shock will learn any electric type moves. But first I am saving the game and going to bed cause it's late and I have to get up early tomorrow.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Red 2/8, Blue 0/8, Yellow 0/8, Silver 0/16, Gold 0/16, Crystal 0/16, Ruby 0/8, Sapphire 0/8, Emerald 0/8

Alright so this will be a huge update. Now like I said in the last update I got to the city where Misty's gym is and that I was gonna go do some grinding before I challenged her. Well first I went and did the nugget bridge. Including defeating my rival Blue. Swept his whole team with Shock. Then I slowly and painfully worked my way through nugget bridge and then to bills where I got the ship ticket. Then I went down the route that the daycare is on which is where I caught Foxy the Eevee who I quickly put in the daycare. Then I went to the next route and nearly died to a trainers Butterfree. Oh and I taught Shock the TM Thunder Wave which has been quite helpful. Continuing with the journey I got to Saffron City where I got an old rod and bought some super potions. Then I went to the next route where I continued to grind. Once I ran out of super potions I returned to Saffron and remembered that I could get a bike voucher which I did. Then I headed back to Cerulean City where I got my bike and rode back to Saffron. Then I defeated one and a half of the S.S. Anne's decks where Shock learned Quick-attack. After that I stocked up on Super Potions and headed off to Cerulean again and defeated the gym trainers before healing at the Pokecenter. Then I challenged Misty to a battle easily defeating her Starmie and Staru and earning my second badge! Then I healed at the Pokecenter and saved the game. I have decided to wait till I know which gym I'm fighting next before picking my evolution stone or possibly reviving Flare.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Red 2/8, Blue 0/8, Yellow 0/8, Silver 0/16, Gold 0/16, Crystal 0/16, Ruby 0/8, Sapphire 0/8, Emerald 0/8

Tragedy has struck yet again!

After catching an Oddish and teaching it cut I went of to rock cave. Along the way I taught Aquarian Body Slam and both it and Blare reached level 27 and learned Quick-attack. Once I finally reached the cave I used repel to keep away the wild Pokemon but it doesn't work on the BILLIONS OF FRICKIN GEODUDE AND GRAVELER TRAINERS!!! I ran into one of those trainers and cause I forgot Geodude can blow itself up I thought Blare could win without having to use a Super Potion. Big mistake cause it blew up and killed Blare. That's right my second casualty is Blare the Eevee and now I want revenge!!!!! ALL GEODUDE AND ITS EVOLUTIONS MUST DIE!!!! Good thing is I still have a free revive. But I may need to evolution stone more. If the next gym is week to water types. But I may end up going back to Lt. Surge's gym (not looking forward to Rock Cave again). So reviving Blare sounds like a good idea. But first I'm gonna complete the Lavender Town story and get the Pokeflute so I can wake up that Snorlax.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Red 3/8, Blue 0/8, Yellow 0/8, Silver 0/16, Gold 0/16, Crystal 0/16, Ruby 0/8, Sapphire 0/8, Emerald 0/8

After mourning the loss of Blare I remembered I still had a free revive open and cashed it in to bring Blare back! Next I went into Pokemon Tower and destroyed Blue before realizing I can't do this part of the story until I get the stupid ghost goggles (aka sylph scope). So going down the next route I defeated all the trainers up to the tunnel. Now that all my Pokemon were level 30+ I headed back to Cerulean City and picked up my forth party member Foxy from the Daycare where they had grown from level 13 to level 27. Then I went on to Vermilion City where I realized I was over leveled and completely destroyed Lt. Surge and claimed my third badge! So excited cause this is my first Nuzlocke and I expected to die several times before I could complete it. But so far only two casualties and one of them was revived. I'm going to amend my rules though and say that I can only revive each Pokemon once. So of Blare dies again I cannot use all of ze dargon balls to wish them back to life. But I don't expect it to happen any time soon since Blare was evolved into a Flareon using Firestone I got by cashing in my free evolution stone for beating Lt. Surge. Flareon will be quite useful at the Grass gym once it learns a Fire type move. I would continue but this update is getting pretty long and I don't want to do everything in one go. So until next time everyone!

Team:
    Spoiler:

PC:
    Spoiler:

Fainted Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

I have changed the sprites I have been using and I have to proved a link to that resource as it asks in order to keep the sprites working. So click here to access their sprite archive.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Red 4/8, Blue 0/8, Yellow 0/8, Silver 0/16, Gold 0/16, Crystal 0/16, Ruby 0/8, Sapphire 0/8, Emerald 0/8

*Sings* I'm so excited!

Ok so we left of with Blare having evolved into Flareon. Knowing the next gym is Grass I went and leveled Flareon up to level 31 at which point it learned a Fire type move. FINALLY! Next we went to Celadon City where I got a free Eevee and nicknamed it Lanara who got promptly boxed for a later date. Next we raided the TMs clerk at the Super Pokemart and got rid of the by now useless moves my team had (I.E. Tackle, Sand-attack). Now that we were geared up I went and destroyed the first two Team Rocket Grunts in their base before literally beating every gym trainer in the Celadon gym with just Blare and Ember. We are hilariously over leveled still and it is even more obvious when I did it again with the gym leader without needing one Potion. However we got our forth badge!

*Queue legend of the Guardians clip* We're halfway there!

Now I cashed in my win for a water stone and completed the Eeveelution trio by evolving Aquarian into a Vaporeon. Next I grabbed some water type TMs from my PC and taught it Bubblebeam and Water Gun. Next we went and cleared the Rocket base which was pretty easy. Just had to figure out the annoying puzzles then let Aquarian sweep Giovanni's whole team and get the Silph Scope. Next stop Lavender Town and the Pokemon Tower. But I don't want to rush it and I having school work to do and I'm going camping in Idaho this summer so until next time everyone! (I can't think of a catchphrase lol.)

Team:
    Spoiler:

PC:
    Spoiler:

Fainted Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Click here to access the sprite archive I am using.

Back