• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My RM2K Idea!

Jerkyguy

Dragon Master
Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen Jun 13, 2005
    It would be Called Pokemon Global! it would have Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Orre And Mabie Space!(No new Made-up Lands Or Pokemon!)Here are the things that will be new...

:pokeball: Team Global
    :pokeball: 2 on 2 Battles(Carryed on from Ruby and Sapphire)
    :pokeball: Teams(Trainers will join your Team against Team Global Max:4)
    :pokeball: Team Battles(Eg: You and Your Rival Fighting 2 Team Global Grunts)
    :pokeball: Shadow Pokemon(Carryed on from Pokemon Colleseum)
    :pokeball: More Specal Pokeballs(Eg:Globalball:A ball you find in the Team Global Hidout. Catchs One of a kind pokemon easyer, ProteinBall:Ups Attack, Ect.)
    :pokeball: Secret Base(Carryed on from Ruby and Sapphire)
    :pokeball: Clock including Night and Day(Carryed from Gold, Silver and Crystle)
    :pokeball: Seasons(Sumer, Spring, Fall and Winter)
    Thats all! And if you Disid to use this or anything in it give Credit to me! If you Dicide to join MY team I won't be able to make you a Gymleader or E4 case I'm going to make it like the real game! But I CAn make you a Trainer in the Place where the Game Freak People are!(You can battle them)

These are the people I need...
    Map Maker
    Spriter(Trainer and Pokemon)
    Um...Someone who CAN make a RM2K(I will help too But I might not Be able to do that much cause I'm a Biginer)
    And I will make the Storyline!(I have most of it in my head and other people can make sugestions)
    And anyone eles would be REALY helpfull Thank you. and Remember ITS JUST AN IDEA! BUT if anyone WANTS to help me make it I would LUV 2! Thankies:D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    WOW! Impressive features, but also a LOAD of stuff to complete. It would take forever to do all the regions and those events. I think it's a brave task to take on. I would definitely play that game if you ever complete it, or if a demo was released. Do you have any knowledge on RM2K?

Jerkyguy

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen Jun 13, 2005
    Sorry I was eating Dineer *sigh*

PKMN_Sage said:
    WOW! Impressive features, but also a LOAD of stuff to complete. It would take forever to do all the regions and those events. I think it's a brave task to take on. I would definitely play that game if you ever complete it, or if a demo was released. Do you have any knowledge on RM2K?
    I Know Its A LOT of stuff! I May not even do it I'm just saying it sounds fun doesnt it? And I Want to lean HOW to make RM2K. U know the stuff I need and how to do it!

[color=black said:
    PatsRule1223[/color]] I believe he meant someone who can make an RM2K game
    Yes It is what I meant.

[color=black said:
    Mephias[/color]] haha i doubt anyone will do the hard work for you
    1st of all I dont want everyone to do all the work! 2nd of all It Might not even be Made As I sayed b4(if I didnt sorry) Its just an Idea!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Jerkyguy said:
    1st of all I dont want everyone to do all the work! 2nd of all It Might not even be Made As I sayed b4(if I didnt sorry) Its just an Idea!
    Jerkyguy said:
    These are the people I need...
    Map Maker
    Spriter(Trainer and Pokemon)
    Um...Someone who CAN make a RM2K
    An I will make the Storyline!(I have most of it in my head)

By those words alone, anyone would assume you intended to create this game. Then there's that little list you put up, where you would create the storyline while everyone else does the hard work. Yes, you didn't say that you wanted everyone to do the hard work directly, but you did indirectly. Just that list shows how the work is unevenly divided. A map designer and a spriter would be about even work, but for the person that has to program all by him/herself would be unbelievably stressful. I tried to be nice to you, but when you say this:

Jerkyguy said:
    I Know Its A LOT of stuff! I May not even do it I'm just saying it sounds fun doesnt it? And I Want to lean HOW to make RM2K. U know the stuff I need and how to do it!

you come off as being rude. I don't know if you intended to be. It does look that way, only because you put some of emphasis on A LOT along with those exclamation marks. Hopefully this was just miscommunication. You should lay off Memphias. I really don't think he was trying to be mean towards you. If you keep continuing on like this, then you certainly earned your name.

Jerkyguy

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen Jun 13, 2005
    Hey I'm Sorry I didn't mean to be rude I was gonna help the Programing but I Can't put Everthing Up there. If you want I will!yes I'm sorry it was a miscommunication. Plus In other news I'm not called jerkyguy cause I'm a jerk its cause I like Jerky!Ask My friends I can give you their E-mail adress if needed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    It's not that serious. Just wanted you to know that you were sounding rude, but I'm glad that was not your intention. Anyways, I know you're new to RM2K. And I know you want to start making a game right away, but it doesn't work that way. You need to learn how to use the program before you create a game you intend on finishing. Create some test games to learn the basics and play around with the tools. Try learning from tutorials, you can find some at http://www.gamingw.net/. I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees with me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    woops hope i didnt sound harsh im just saying not many people want to do all that work as Sage said if its not divided up correctly cause the programmer would be stressed out. Im also new to rm2k/3 but I've been reading tutorials, gathering resources, checking out others pepoles games, and posting here on the Rrm2k section to get all the help I need. This crew is amazing I dont know what I would do if I didnt have their help. Not trying to be rude but your gonna have to learn some rm2k/3 skills before you talk about all this game making (even though its an idea which is a very cool one indeed) and post here the important ones are stickied and they dont mind answering our newbish questions :P good luck with you game I hope when you learn some stuff we can see screenshots and stuff cause it sounds really good :D

Jerkyguy

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen Jun 13, 2005
    I'm gonna make a small part of the game does anyone know where I can get some Chipsets? I need Palet town and Cerulen city(Most likly both spelled wrong) And Route 1!

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    resources section has all that stuff if you can't find it download some demo's they have most chipsets for pokemon

Back