• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] How to remove a trainer event?

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    (In advance, excuse my terrible English. I hope you understand it reasonably.)

Hey guys, I have a little problem with trainer events in the essentials. The behave in contrast to the other a bit strange as I think, so it is a mystery to me how to remove the trainer after the fight.

I fight him and after that he stands around.
    Later in the game, I'll come back to this place, but then he should not be there anymore.

I tried a simple switch. Does not work ... (Pick 1)

How to remove a trainer event?

Then I tried to solve it with a variable. The whole failed but on the same problem. (Pick 2)

How to remove a trainer event?

As I said, I just want to get the event away xD
    For normal events (no trainers) it works.

Thank you in advance! I hope someone can help me with my problem :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2020
    i'm not exactly sure how to help you but a quick tip would be to run the game and then once your on the menu screen, shut down the game and reopen RPG Maker XP. You'll see what I mean afterwards.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    It deletes my created page (second page) out. So it doesn't work and that's why it puts it out again? I'm confused...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Why not use the one from example map (route 3)? And make the page second page blank.
    You are just making things harder for not using the examples from a clean essentials.

tip: you can copy events from one project to another. So, if you deleted the example maps from your project, you can just open up another clean essentials project and copy from there.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Once you've compiled, close rmxp and re-open it then delete the comments. They are causing the event to be remade every time it's compiled, deleting the changes you make

Back