• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] Trading Problem...

Years
  • I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen this topic before, honestly.
    I'm trying to have kind of a trading quest with Pokemon in my current project, but there's always this annoying error whenever I try to trade something with a name so long that the trading script takes up two lines, like so:

Spoiler:

I thought that the problem could be dealt with if I just edit the Internal name of Lillipup, but the debug in the game won't allow that, and I get an error message whenever I go into the text file to do so.

I tried looking at the Wiki (that doesn't exist anymore, winkwink) but it didn't help me at all with this problem.

What can I do about this?

If it helps, this is the specific error I get whenever I try to trade,

Spoiler:

Edit: Apparently :2: will give you... Well, so I had to put spaces in the code where they wouldn't usually be, so now it's ': 2 :' instead.

Last edited:

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • The error message says it already. A new line should never begin with a "(" .

Line '(1,2,:LILLIPUP)' shouldn't begin with '('. Try

putting the '(' at the end of the previous line instead,

or using 'extendtext.exe'.

Last edited:
    Back