• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completing a National Dex by playing through all games + fitness challenge

Years
Hi guys,
it's been way too long since I was active here, but I thought this would be the best way to keep track of an idea I have for the following year 2023.
I wanted to complete a National Dex for years now but always lost motivation in the process. I also wanted to do more sport and thought of a clever idea to combine my two ideas.

Basically I will try to finish a National Dex by catching all Pokemon in various games and various playthroughs.
However, I'm only allowed to use a Pokemon in battle if I can compete a certain exercise task, depending on the type(s) and base stats of that Pokemon.
I will also play 1 game per day for as far as I can get.

The end goal of this challenge is to catch all Pokemon (+I'm counting Shinys, Megas, Gigadynamax Forms and other forms that have different base stats) and have a living dex on Pokemon Home by the end of 2023.
I have a file with all these forms and have a list of 1216 mons I wanna use in one way or another.

The Games
Each region will count as the generation the first game debuted. I will play through these games in chronoligal order, starting with Gen 1 on day 1 and end with Gen 9 on day 9.
I will play as far as I can each day and will try to complete 1 run of each generation per month, however the games can change in each generation (f.e. I will start with Firered for Gen 1, but for the 2nd run I will use Lets Go Eevee)
The games I do not own and will therefore play the remakes are Red, Blue, Yellow Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Saphire, Diamond & Pearl

The Challenges
For each Pokemon I wanna use in a playthrough I need to compete the following task.
The base stats/10 for each mon will tell me the amount of the exercise.
The type(s) will tell me the exercise. For multitypes I will have to do the exercise for both types.
For some exercises I combine it with my volleyball exercises as I wanna get better in that regard as well.
Here are my planned exercises with their whacky reasonings behind them:

The exercises are as follows:
Normal Plank/5/min. Reason: "blank" = normal
Fighting 5kg dumbbell lifting/repeats Reason: fighting types look buffed with muscles
Flying jumping on boxes/repeats Reason: flying types are in the air, like I wanna be in volleyball and therefore wanna train my jumping
Poison roil in/repeats the attack coil is a posion type attack and shares the name of the exercise in german
Ground pushups/repeats Reason: pushing up from the "ground"
Rock mountain climber/5/min. Reason: Mountain/Rock connection
Bug jumping jack/repeats Reason: looks similar to a butterfly
Ghost jump rope/4/min. Reason: it seems like you float - probably the whackiest comparison
Steel volleyball block jump/repeats Reason: steel types are good in defense, a good block is also a good defense
Fire flappy bird/5/min. Reason: looks easy but is pretty much the exercise that burns the most afterwards, could have been a good one for flying too, i guess
Water wo-step-approach volleyball attack/repeats Reason: most common type/need this exercise the most - i know lame explanation, maybe connection to Surgings Strikes?
Grass it ups/repeats Reason: plants grow as well from the ground, i copy that idea
Electric 1km run Reason: electric types tend to be fast, so i wanna train my speed
Psychic lunge + jumps/repeats Reason: the change for each repeat needs a good brain+body coordination
Ice lay down, hands and feet up and stay like that/5/min. Reason: looks like I'm frozen
Dragon burpee/repeats Reason: rarest type, most difficult exercise
Dark squats/repeats Reason: the move false surreneder in german and the german name for squats are similar
Fairy "japanese test"/5/min. Reason: from what i heard the latest invention regarding sports, like the fairy type is the latest invention in regards of typings

Here is how it would work - If i wanna use Caterpie in a playthrough and let it count for the National Dex, I will have to do 20 jumping jacks as the BST of Caterpie is 195, which is rounded to 200 for this challenge purpose.
If I add Azurill to my list, I will need to do planks for 4 minutes and the japanes test for 4 minutes.

I will also keep an update on my weight for this challenge as well and give update on the team, the exercises I did as well as my weight hopefully weekly.

This is more for me an update to keep track.

Last edited:
Back