• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello all!

Peridot

Hyperfixated Pokéfan System
Years
    • Age 18
    • They/It/She
    • Texas
    • Seen Jan 30, 2024
    Hi! We're the Peridot System, otherwise known as Peridot or Peri, we're 17, and we've been playing pokémon since gen 5!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello there Peridot, and welcome to the PC!

Feel free to look around. If you have any questions, I or one of the other Mods will be happy to help you.

Do you have any favorite Pokemon?

Peridot

Years
    • Age 18
    • They/It/She
    • Texas
    • Seen Jan 30, 2024
    Hello there Peridot, and welcome to the PC!

Feel free to look around. If you have any questions, I or one of the other Mods will be happy to help you.

Do you have any favorite Pokemon?

Yep! Umbreon, preferably shiny, the mudkip line, and Gothitelle!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Cool! Black 2 is sadly the only main series Gen 5 game I haven't had the chance to play yet... (though I do own a copy thankfully)
    What was it about Black 2 that stood out to you to make it your favorite?

Peridot

Years
    • Age 18
    • They/It/She
    • Texas
    • Seen Jan 30, 2024
    Cool! Black 2 is sadly the only main series Gen 5 game I haven't had the chance to play yet... (though I do own a copy thankfully)
    What was it about Black 2 that stood out to you to make it your favorite?

Well, it revitalized the Unova region in a much-needed way, adding several locations that fleshed it out, and making it's previous linearity non-existent. And gameplay wise, it added the repel reapplyment system, and made the Unova region full of tons of Pokemon from different regions, and not just Unovans and nothing else.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Those are pretty good reasons! It's been so long since I played White 2 that I forgot how much different it was from B/W...
    Makes me wish there were more games in the series that had a second game in the region to see what changes after a few in game years.

Anyway, I'll leave the questions off here. Gotta give the other M&G regulars a chance to be friendly after all. Hope to see you aroud the PC!

Years
  • Hi! We're the Peridot System, otherwise known as Peridot or Peri, we're 17, and we've been playing pokémon since gen 5!

Yep! Umbreon, preferably shiny, the mudkip line, and Gothitelle!

Fairy, dark, and psychic, but primarily fairy.

That'd probably have to be Black 2!

Well, it revitalized the Unova region in a much-needed way, adding several locations that fleshed it out, and making it's previous linearity non-existent. And gameplay wise, it added the repel reapplyment system, and made the Unova region full of tons of Pokemon from different regions, and not just Unovans and nothing else.

Hello Peridot, and welcome to the forums!
    The Mudkip line is one of my favourite too. Swampert is so strong!
    Black 2 is my second favourite! For the reasons you give, but also for the means to train pokémon (like the Black Tower, the Audino!), the money you can get with the underwater treasure (a lot ^^), ...

What was your team in Black 2 ?

Peridot

Years
    • Age 18
    • They/It/She
    • Texas
    • Seen Jan 30, 2024
    Hello Peridot, and welcome to the forums!
    The Mudkip line is one of my favourite too. Swampert is so strong!
    Black 2 is my second favourite! For the reasons you give, but also for the means to train pokémon (like the Black Tower, the Audino!), the money you can get with the underwater treasure (a lot ^^), ...

What was your team in Black 2 ?

I first played it around the time it came out, and don't really remember much in the ways of my original team, but I do know I picked Snivy!

Years
  • I first played it around the time it came out, and don't really remember much in the ways of my original team, but I do know I picked Snivy!

Snivy's line is great! The speed, the defenses, "Giga-Drain"... not to count the Contrary ability when coupled with "Leaf Storm"... A few turns and it becomes an unstoppable machine!

Peridot

Years
    • Age 18
    • They/It/She
    • Texas
    • Seen Jan 30, 2024
    Snivy's line is great! The speed, the defenses, "Giga-Drain"... not to count the Contrary ability when coupled with "Leaf Storm"... A few turns and it becomes an unstoppable machine!

Yeah, Serperior is a THREAT, a downright adorable killing machine in my opinion and my favorite Unova starter.

Years
  • Hello!
    Welcome to the forum! =3

Serperior is indeed the superior Unovan starter choice :coolcat:

Anyway have you kept up with the mainline series games? Or in other words are you still playing them?

Years
  • Yeah, Serperior is a THREAT, a downright adorable killing machine in my opinion and my favorite Unova starter.

It is mine too! It actually is one of the few Grass type starters I pick in the games up to Sun / Moon, the other being Decidueye. I tend to have a preference for the reptilian ones, with the exception of Typhlosion and Swampert! What about you ?

Peridot

Years
    • Age 18
    • They/It/She
    • Texas
    • Seen Jan 30, 2024
    It is mine too! It actually is one of the few Grass type starters I pick in the games up to Sun / Moon, the other being Decidueye. I tend to have a preference for the reptilian ones, with the exception of Typhlosion and Swampert! What about you ?

I tend to gravitate to water or fire, with the exception of Venusaur, Serperior, Decidueye, and Meowscarada, and have a personal soft spot of felines and bunnies.

Hello!
    Welcome to the forum! =3

Serperior is indeed the superior Unovan starter choice :coolcat:

Anyway have you kept up with the mainline series games? Or in other words are you still playing them?

I stopped actively playing them since Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon but I've been trying to pick them back up, with money as a light issue since I can't afford ScVi yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I stopped actively playing them since Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon but I've been trying to pick them back up, with money as a light issue since I can't afford ScVi yet.

If/when you get one, I can help you get the Pokemon from the game you don't pick if you'd like.

Also, I usually choose Oshawott in the Gen 5 games, mostly just because I love Dewott's design. Not a big fan of its final evolution though...

Years
  • I tend to gravitate to water or fire, with the exception of Venusaur, Serperior, Decidueye, and Meowscarada, and have a personal soft spot of felines and bunnies.

Nice!
    Fire type is my favourite (nothing is cooler than Flamethrower ^^) and Charizard my top favourite pokémon, due to nostalgia (since Red) and being a fire breathing dragon! ^^

Edit : I also wanted to let you know I merged your 2 posts since they were in a row. You can always edit your post to add something / modify it so you won't have to post twice, and you can reply to several users in one!

Last edited:

Peridot

Years
    • Age 18
    • They/It/She
    • Texas
    • Seen Jan 30, 2024
    Nice!
    Fire type is my favourite (nothing is cooler than Flamethrower ^^) and Charizard my top favourite pokémon, due to nostalgia (since Red) and being a fire breathing dragon! ^^

Edit : I also wanted to let you know I merged your 2 posts since they were in a row. You can always edit your post to add something / modify it so you won't have to post twice, and you can reply to several users in one!

Regarding the edit, thank you for teaching me that! I'll be sure to remember that.

Back