• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Safe cloning glitch?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2021
    Hey everyone, I'm just trying to figure out is there a safe way to clone or capture more eevee? I am trying to make a living dex and want to use each gen to get all their respective pokemon. I don't mind restarting the game a few times to get the starters as they are right at the beginning of the game but eevee makes a bit of a problem as I need 4 total and you get it in the middle of the game. I seen you can do the ditto glitch but I don't quite understand how you get your special stat to be the exact hex number of the pokemon you want. I know there are items you can use but they eventually stop working . Any help on this would be great oh and I am using a 3ds and virtual console .

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • tbh all cloning and glitches come with risk, even on the more 'safe' options. i was going to suggest using a gen 2 game on virtual console to breed more eevee to send to your gen 1 game, if that's an option for you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2021
    Figured I'd just post an update, I found a super easy glitch that allowed me to get my eevees. I hope it's ok that I post it if not please delete the thread.

First you need a pokemon that knows fly and one that knows strength it doesn't matter what they are.

Next start the ditto glitch as normal by walking into the line of sight of a trainer and press start before he sees you and walks up to you. I like to use the trainer just outside of saferon city that is looking at the house with the hidden tunnel inside it. If done correctly you will not be able to access your start menu this is a good thing and you need this to happen for it to work, more on this later .

I then fly to fuchsia city and go inside the pokecenter , walk up to the PC and go to bills PC then change box. Doesn't matter witch box you change you. Wait for the save sound right after it changes boxes and then restart the game. So remember how you couldn't access your start menu? Well now you can, this will allow you to you to open your start menu and use the next part of the glitch.

Exit the pokecenter and enter the wardens house directly to the right of the pokecenter. Inside there is a boulder go ahead and use strength and move it. For some reason the game accepts that animation as a walking animation and will allow you to not have to fight a trainer and have them walk up to you.

From here you do the standard ditto glitch . Walk east of fuchsia city and in the first patch of grass you will find a ditto but it may take a few tries. I like to put the pokemon I want ditto to transform into as the second pokemon in my party and switch them in as soon as the battle starts.

After ditto transforms simply run away and fly to lavender town and head west out of town as soon as start walking out your start menu will pop up and as soon as you close it the pokemon that you wanted will appear at lvl 7 . Note you still need to raise the special stat of the pokemon to what ever the chart says . But it has allowed me to get all the version exclusives, trade Pokemon and my eevees.

Bonus if you can manage a perfect run where ditto appears on the first encounter I timed myself start to finish and it only took two minutes and fourth six seconds. Hope this helps others in the future! Also once I get a second console I will likely delete all of the cheated pokemon and get them legitimately but I'm not in a position to do that ATM and I really wanted all my eeveelutions haha

Last edited:
    Back