• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Back to where it all started!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Finally, after years on and off trying to get my account to log in, just to be treated with error messages, I have returned. It would keep saying to change my password because its outdated, and after I changed it, it would say it again 😭 But it seems like all is back to working!

Can't wait to get back into some Pokemon discussion and meet all the new people around. PokeCommunity was my home forum growing up through Elementary and Middle School, from playing comp, trading, playing ROM hacks, this has and always be one of my favorite forums.

Currently working on completing my live Sinnoh National Dex after a long hiatus from the games. Got into the TCG a lot in my time gone. Emerald Crest got my attention so I want to check that out here soon!

Years
Hello Mew², and welcome back to the forums!
I am sorry to hear you had an issue preventing you from logging in, but happy to see it is gone!
What was the first generation you played ?

Have you also tried some fan games ? There are some great ones I could suggest to you!
Good luck completing your live Sinnoh National Pokédex! I look forward to see you on the forums!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Hello Mew², and welcome back to the forums!
I am sorry to hear you had an issue preventing you from logging in, but happy to see it is gone!
What was the first generation you played ?

Have you also tried some fan games ? There are some great ones I could suggest to you!
Good luck completing your live Sinnoh National Pokédex! I look forward to see you on the forums!

Thank you! My first generation played technically is 1st generation, as my first Pokemon title I owned was Pokemon Stadium for the N64, but I didn't get into the handhelds until I got Ruby one Christmas as a kid. The addiction all started there.

I played a lot of fan games when I was younger but I can't really remember any of them by name. I really enjoyed creating my own maps and events back in the day, but I never had a project I pushed to release on here. Maybe I can get back into the swing of things now that I'm older and have better resources! But feel free to suggest any fan games, I enjoy seeing what people create.

Years
Thank you! My first generation played technically is 1st generation, as my first Pokemon title I owned was Pokemon Stadium for the N64, but I didn't get into the handhelds until I got Ruby one Christmas as a kid. The addiction all started there.

I played a lot of fan games when I was younger but I can't really remember any of them by name. I really enjoyed creating my own maps and events back in the day, but I never had a project I pushed to release on here. Maybe I can get back into the swing of things now that I'm older and have better resources! But feel free to suggest any fan games, I enjoy seeing what people create.

Neat! I started with Generation 1 too, with Pokémon Red. ^^
I played Ruby as well! Which starter did you pick ? Mine was Swampert, who single-handedly plowed through the whole game, League included! ^^
For the fan games, I can suggest Solar Light / Lunar Dark (full of fakémons), Zeta / Omicron, Insurgence (the best fan game overall in my opinion, with over 100 cool looking Delta pokémon!), and, if you are into top level challenges and hairpulling puzzles, Reborn!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Neat! I started with Generation 1 too, with Pokémon Red. ^^
I played Ruby as well! Which starter did you pick ? Mine was Swampert, who single-handedly plowed through the whole game, League included! ^^
For the fan games, I can suggest Solar Light / Lunar Dark (full of fakémons), Zeta / Omicron, Insurgence (the best fan game overall in my opinion, with over 100 cool looking Delta pokémon!), and, if you are into top level challenges and hairpulling puzzles, Reborn!

My first starter was also Mudkip. He also helped me stomp out most the game (mainly because I didnt know how helpful it is to equally balance your leveling lmao)

I'll be sure to check out all of those! I am pretty sure I tried Insurgence back in the day. I remember it was one of the more popular fan mades out at the time.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Hello there mew², and glad you were able to make it back onto the PC forums!

Do you have a favorite Pokemon game/Gen?

It's hard for me to pick a specific game/gen as they all are very meaningful to me in their own ways. If I had to choose though, it would probably be Gen 3 and 4. Gen 3 as it was my first handheld, and Emerald was my first introduction to the competitive VGC. As for Gen 4, it's where I logged most my hours in Pokemon and this forum. How the comp was back then was amazing, and the graphics were such a huge shift from Gen 3. And it was also what blessed us with the Gen 2 remake!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
It's hard for me to pick a specific game/gen as they all are very meaningful to me in their own ways. If I had to choose though, it would probably be Gen 3 and 4. Gen 3 as it was my first handheld, and Emerald was my first introduction to the competitive VGC. As for Gen 4, it's where I logged most my hours in Pokemon and this forum. How the comp was back then was amazing, and the graphics were such a huge shift from Gen 3. And it was also what blessed us with the Gen 2 remake!

I also loved Gens 3-4, but for the opposite games. Fire Red was my first 'official' Pokemon game, and I really loved Platinum's darker themed story.
How about your favorite Pokemon?

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
I also loved Gens 3-4, but for the opposite games. Fire Red was my first 'official' Pokemon game, and I really loved Platinum's darker themed story.
How about your favorite Pokemon?

Platinum was definitely my favorite of the trifecta. It was amazing how much they could make the same game feel and play out so different.

My favorite Pokemon are Pidgey and Gengar, which I have both of their arts from the TCG tattooed on my arm, along with Tyranitar and Mega Sableye. Ghost pokemon have always been a long living favorite of mine.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Platinum was definitely my favorite of the trifecta. It was amazing how much they could make the same game feel and play out so different.

My favorite Pokemon are Pidgey and Gengar, which I have both of their arts from the TCG tattooed on my arm, along with Tyranitar and Mega Sableye. Ghost pokemon have always been a long living favorite of mine.

I never played D/P, so I'm not familiar with the differences between them and Platinum.

Cool you like them so much to get tattoos! Though, why Pidgey, if I may ask?

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
I never played D/P, so I'm not familiar with the differences between them and Platinum.

Cool you like them so much to get tattoos! Though, why Pidgey, if I may ask?

Pidgey has always had a soft spot in my heart. When I was younger, I traded a Pidgey from Leaf Green to my Emerald and had him beat a lot of the Pokemon Contests, then proceeded to get as many ribbons as I could on him. I sadly sold all my old games back in the day, so the tale of Scotty the Pidgey stopped there. To commemorate him, I got him tattooed so he could still always be with me.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Pidgey has always had a soft spot in my heart. When I was younger, I traded a Pidgey from Leaf Green to my Emerald and had him beat a lot of the Pokemon Contests, then proceeded to get as many ribbons as I could on him. I sadly sold all my old games back in the day, so the tale of Scotty the Pidgey stopped there. To commemorate him, I got him tattooed so he could still always be with me.

That was a really nice thing to do, shame you don't have your old games anymore though. You could always make a super Pidgey in one of the fan games!

Years
Welcome Back!

What game are you completing your Sinnoh National Dex in? The originals or the remakes?

Have you played any other spinoff games aside from Stadium ? Such the Mystery Dungeon games or Snap/New Snap for example?
I had Stadium on the N64 as well, but it's so long ago it's naught but a blur anymore tbh.

Back