• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Black screen when starting trainer battle

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    Hello everyone, sorry to bother you again about probably a stupid thing i do not consider...
    The problem is that when i start a trainer battle i scripted on XSE, it seems to work properly in the overworld (the trainer approaches, says the inro line and start the battle) , but when the battle starts the screen stays black!
    i can hear the battle theme, but can't see anything. the script i used is this:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x90 0x0 @intro @wintext
    msgbox @alreadyDefeated 0x6
    release
    end

#org @alreadyDefeated
    =[black_fr] you defeated me!

#org @wintext
    = You won only because i \nspilled my tea and got distracted!

#org @intro
    = [black_fr]Do you hear it? \p it's the sound of your DEFEAT!

the sets in Advance Map are these:

MOVEMENT $00
    UNKNOWN $00
    TRAINER $01
    UNKNOWN $00
    VIAW RADIUS $0001
    PERSON ID $0000
    UNKNOWN $0000

i tryed with different trainer numbers and re-make the event from 0 , but the problem is still the same!

EDIT: i figured out how to fix this, but now i have an other problem with this trainer:

It has 2 pokemons, a Spearow and a Fearow, but during the battle instead of Ferow it sends " ????????? " instead (Spearow works fine)
    I checked the trainer and Fearow and both of them seem to be ok, the only thing i noticed is that for every trainer all the pokemon after
    the first one are different from the one in preview on the trainer editor (no metter my choce, the trainer uses Lickitung as second pokemon)...
    do you have any clue about this?

thank you for the help

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Did you use Advance trainer to insert the trainer into the rom, and did you repoint the data needed for the second Pokemon of the npc (make sure that the fill byte is ff instead of 00).

Back