• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Help With Beating Norman!

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2019
    Norman is really bugging me in Pokemon sapphire. I have a small team, and i need help.

My Team:

_________
    Combusken- Lv 28

Double Kick
    Bulk Up
    Ember
    Peck
    _________
    Pelliper- Lv 29

Water gun
    Supersonic
    Wing Attack
    Protect
    _________
    Swalot- Lv 28

Sludge
    Yawn
    Body Slam
    Amnesia
    _________

I also have a Anorith but I'm not planning to use it.

H E L P

Years
  • In all honesty, you're just underlevelled imo. His second Slaking is tough even when you're at the same level as it but when you're a couple of levels below it just makes everything so much tougher. So if you just do some grinding and gain a few levels, it should become easier :)

Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    Using Protect, which your Pelipper has, against Slaking creates a situation where it is impossible for your Pokemon to be hit by any of Slaking's attacks due to Truant not allowing it to move every other turn. Basically, use Protect on every other turn, when Slaking would hit you, and on the turns where Truant is in effect, attack. Is it a cheap shot? Absolutely. However, it is a 100% effective way to win without fail.

Chrohnos

Just A Stranger
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2017
    Try using a fighting pokemon like makuhita,just needs some grinding :p

Years
  • I know that this is an old thread and that the original asker would have moved on by now, but i have a word of advice for others with Sapphire or Emerald if they need help with this particular leader. His name is sableye. This is the hard counter to Nornan's whole team and Brawley's.

The gem-munching goblin is immune to every attacking move that Norman has except for the one lonely faint attack. In addition to the move's low base power it is further crippled by the mechanics of gen 3 making it a special move that Norman's team of physical attackers can't use.

There's nothing Norman can really do to you with this little guy as your shield.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Train, bruh. That's my only advice for you. You could beat Norman a lot easier if your Combusken evolved into Blaziken. That would surely tip the balance of the battle in your favor, especially if you use Pelipper and Swalot to whittle down Slaking's HP before sending Blaziken in for the finish.

Back